Barcelona Hotels

Dec 2nd, 2001, 08:21 PM
Donald

Barcelona Hotels

Can anyone tell me about their experience at the Hotel Claris or Majestic Hotel.

Both hotels are in about the same area, both get good reviews, the Majestic is $30 less per night.

What site did you find your best rate for the Caris or Majestic Hotel?

Dec 2nd, 2001, 08:32 PM
Surlok

Donald,

I've stayed at the Claris, and have passed by the Majestic. The Claris is a great small hotel, wonderfully designed,with modern interiors, a roof top pool, and a lot of art work. The Claris and Majestic are about a block from each other.

I booked at the Claris for early May. It will be a pleasure to stay there again, even if the rates I got weren't lower than the the rates I got for the Majestic.

Check the rates at:

http://www.travelweb.com

selecting Design Hotels ( Utell, Concorde hotels and SLH also sell the Claris, just Design Hotels has a Design Pro rate , the one I booked).

Tell me after what you got.

Good luck,

S

Dec 3rd, 2001, 07:51 PM
Kay

I booked the Ritz because I am hoping for an upgrade from AX. Was this a mistake. I was deciding between the Majestic and the Ritz. Has anyone stayed at the Ritz lately? Thanks.

Dec 14th, 2001, 09:02 AM
cheryl

Have stayed at the Majestic, and it is great. Super service, terrific breakfast buffet, rooms a bit old, but there is a lot of "atmosphere." And you can't beat the location. A definite recommendation!

Dec 14th, 2001, 01:48 PM
Barb

Loved the Claris. I was there on a shoot for a week and needed to have business amenities. We were working through one night and called to see if we could get some food at 4:30 am. They sent up a feast of cheese, fruits, breads, sausages, olives. Then the waiter who delivered it ran and got us a case of diet coke and some ice. When we left we got hugs from the concierge. He said we were the most fun group he had as guests. They really went all out for us during a time when we were stress monsters.