Reload this Page >

Barcelona - hotel recommendation

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2001, 03:48 AM
Julia

I need a good but cheap hotel in Barcelona for a weekend in July - any recommendations. Prefer city location close to nightlife!

Old May 16th, 2001, 04:16 AM
Ursula

Julia: You better look for a place asap. Cannot recommend anything however, sorry. But Barcelona is a top desination for Europeans as well. <BR>Try to search for availabilities for the required date at: <BR>www.barcelona.com <BR>Besides that, you will find a lot of other info. Suggest you stay somewhere in the Barrio Gotico (sp?) <BR>Good luck!

Old May 16th, 2001, 04:27 AM
Alec

I second Ursula. I came back from a short break last week and Barcelona was full and accommodation scarce. There was a long line at hotel booking office in town. Weekend is particularly bad, as many Europeans come for a break using budget airlines. Barri Gotic has the greatest concentration of budget hotels, followed by Eixample. Try Hostal Eden at c/Balmes 55, Eixample http://www.barcelona-on-line.es/hostaleden

Old May 23rd, 2001, 06:10 AM
Kate

I friend has just recommended a place to me - Hotel jardi - cheap, central and clean. i hope to ho in September, so let me know what it's like if you go thereHere is Fodor's description of it. <BR> <BR> <BR> JARDÍ <BR>Plaça Sant Josep Oriol 1, Barcelona 08002, Spain <BR>Phone: 93/301-5900 <BR>Fax: 93/318-3664 <BR> Ciutat Vella <BR>Under 14000 ptas. <BR> <BR> Perched over the traffic-free and charming Plaça del Pi and Plaça Sant Josep Oriol, exterior rooms at this lovely budget hotel have pretty views of the <BR> Gothic church of Santa Maria del Pi from their own little balconies. Rooms can be noisy, especially in summer, when you'll want to leave the windows open. <BR>All rooms have modern pine furniture and small but new bathrooms. The in-house breakfast is excellent, and the alfresco tables at the Bar del Pi, downstairs, <BR> are ideal in summer. There are five floors -- the higher, the quieter -- and a new elevator. All in all, it's a great value. 40 rooms. Breakfast room. AE, DC, MC, V. <BR>

Old May 23rd, 2001, 09:39 AM
Capo

Hi Julia. I second Kate's mention of the Hotel Jardi. We looked at it when we were there about a year ago, and the location in the heart of the Barri Gotic, on the picturesque Plaça Sant Josep Oriol, is superb. Also quite inexpensive, around $40-$50/night, as I recall. However...when we called a year ago in February in the hopes of booking a room at the end of March, we found out they were completely booked until <I>September</I>, so it's obviously very popular. <BR> <BR>We ended up staying at the Hotel Gran Via, a wonderful -- and relatively inexpensive (about $80/night) -- hotel in a great location only a block from the Plaça de Catalunya. <BR> <BR>Brief description, address, and phone # of the Gran Via at... <BR> <BR>http://www.concierge.com/features/in...rc_hotels.html