We are thinking about flying in to Barcelona 9/23/15 and renting a car and then going north into southern France and looping around and driving back to Barcelona. We have 10 non travel days. We would end up back in Barcelona on the 9th day and spend 2 nights in Barcelona which leaves us 8 full days on the road.
We have been kicking around where to go this year and were thinking about flying into Paris and then driving into southern France, but that seems like too far a drive. We had gone to Paris in 2001 and drove to Honfleur/Caen/Rouen/Mont St Michel/Bayeux/Normandy Beach. That was a great trip. We went to Spain a few years ago, but flew into Madrid and rented a car and went south. We did not go to Barcelona. We did spend a day in Barcelona in the 1970s as part of a 2.5 month trip.
We do have a book of road trips in France. Has anyone taken a similar trip. We like to see the sights and are not big foodies or wine drinkers. This is probably too open ended of a question. We will formulate our itinerary and post back. We have taken a trip every year since 2001 and we are running out of places we want to visit in Europe. I like to go to the beach 1 or 2 days on each trip. It might be too late in late September unless we get lucky with the weather.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Venice Trip?
- 2 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 3 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 4 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 5 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 6 10 Days in Austria
- 7 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 8 Le Marche Research Help
- 9 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 10 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 11 Greece in end October
- 12 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 13 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 14 GTG Paris December 2017
- 15 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 16 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 17 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 18 Favorite London memories
- 19 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 20 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 21 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 22 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 23 Norte Dame light show!
- 24 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 25 Avignon