Search

Barcelona Airport Hotel

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2003, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barcelona Airport Hotel

Hi there..
Would really appreciate any advice re hotel stay in Barcelona. I will be staying for one or two nights in Barcelona early July and as my departure is at 7:00a.m. I was wondering if I should stay at a hotel near the airport - any suggestions of any hotels in that vicinity in the 2 or 3 star range ? Or should I just stay in the Ramblas area - how easy would it be for me to travel at 5:00 a.m from Ramblas to the airport. Could I use public transport at that hour or would I need to take a cab ? Also would anyone know what the temp. is at that time of the year - end of June /early July ? Thank you all...
Old May 29th, 2003, 05:20 AM

We will be staying in Barcelona only for one short night and were unable to find a hotel out near the airport. Rather, did find one out in some sort of industrial park. So, decided to go into the city. All cheap hotels seem to be full so got a room at Best Western Atrium Palace since they have a shuttle from the airport. We lived in Spain for many years, so, no, we are not interested in the 'sights' of Barcelona. We just wanted a place to crash after coming off a big trip to Eastern Europe. Because of air routing we had the choice of spending the night in NY or Barca; we chose Barca.
Old May 29th, 2003, 05:26 AM

Forgot to mention: - it will be HOT and HUMID in Barca at that time of year. Try www.hotelsearch.com for a hotel. It's a Spanish site but is in English. Think that's where I found the hotel in the industrial park. It's a neat site in that it will tell you how many rooms are available for the nights you'll be there. Stay in the city if you're going to be there for 2 nights. If need be, you can always take a cab that early in the morning.
Old May 29th, 2003, 05:49 AM

Gypsychic:

Here's a hotel right by the airport:

http://www.trypbarcelonaaeropuerto.solmelia.com/

Saw it going up - it just opened. I would call to make sure that their shuttle is in operation for such an early flight though.

If you're staying more than 1 night, I would consider a place in the center on the train line to the airport. I'm sure some of the Barcelona experts on the forum will help you out.

Andre
Old May 29th, 2003, 06:12 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Andre and Bedar. I will try those web sites.