Barcelona 3 Days in November

Old Sep 8th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barcelona 3 Days in November

Fellow Fodorites,

Heading to Barcelona with my husband for a few days in November. We are in our mid 30's. We like history, art, architecture, wine and good food.

Is 3 days long enough to see this beautiful city? We are heading to Paris afterwards, so we are trying to figure out which location to stay in longer.

Any advice on "must see" sites, neighborhoods and other things to do in Barcelona?

If you are a local, I would be interested to know what sites you see or places you eat with people who come to visit you in Barcelona.

Many thanks! I did research the talk posts, but couldn't find what I needed.
Old Sep 8th, 2007, 11:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
3 days sound good. The obvious city buildings, cathedral will fill 2 to 3 days easy. But also consider the Olympic building (the perspectives of the buildings are amazing) and the cable car across the harbour.

Old town around the Ramblas. Some of the older buildings are only open to tourists on certain days so a little research here might help.

Wine. YES. Cava and Torres is based here and I think that adds two days (ok a stretch one but no drunk driving)

Good foof there are some great old Tapas bars
Old Sep 8th, 2007, 04:58 PM

Three days will only allow you to get a brief taste of the city, but enough for you to think about returning in the near future. I suggest you read Maribel's excellent “Guide to Barcelona” for a better understanding of what to expect, see, do and enjoy during your short visit.
Old Sep 8th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Bilboburgler!

Thanks for the tip Robert2533. I just found the PDF guide and printed it out. Good stuff!
Old Sep 8th, 2007, 10:50 PM

I reckon try and extend it by a couple of days if possible. All the interests you listed (history, art, architecture, wine and good food) are BIG in Barcelona.

It is a fabulous city and there is lots to keep you entertained.

Search missypie because she was there a few months ago and wrote a great trip report (though slightly different context - she's a mum with 3 kids). Also, a few other posts about Barcelona should come up.

Still, Paris is equally as tantalising so its definitely a hard decision - I would probably go by which one you have been to most/will return to next and if you still cant decide than, divide your time evenly.

Whatever you choose, I am sure you will have a wonderful time!