Search

Barcelona

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 04:20 AM
ian

Barcelona

Anyone know any groovy, authentic happening places to stay in town. I generally hate hotels, with their sterile style and corporate decor, so Hotel Claris / Hotel Arts are for example places I would pay not to stay at! Any suggestions gratefull received. Thanks.

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 11:03 AM
anne

If you don't like impersonal hotels, the apartment we rent out in the old center of Barcelona is probably something you're looking for...?<BR><BR>It is an open plan space of about 45m2 with a wooden floor and high ceilings with big wooden beams.<BR>It has:<BR>- a queensize double bed <BR>- a single sofa bed <BR>- a dining area <BR>- a fully equipped kitchen with among others ceramic cooker, fridge, microwave/grill, toaster, coffee machine, iron and board and juice-machine <BR>- a bathroom with shower, toilet and sink <BR>- good quality linen and towels and a hair dryer <BR>- a ceiling fan for those hot summer nights <BR>- a heater to make colder winter evenings cosy<BR>- no elevator, just the traditional narrow staircase, three flights<BR>The apartment is situated in the heart of La Ribera, known also as El Born. This is where just about everything hip is happening now when it comes to art, fashion, interior<BR>decoration, classy restaurants and cool cocktail lounges. <BR>Close to the apartment, you will find: <BR>- the Picasso Museum, 50 meters away, the Textile Museum and dozens of private galleries <BR>- The Gothic Basilica Santa Maria del Mar, surrounded by many 'terrazas', especially beautiful in the evening<BR>- La Rambla, the finest and most famous shopping street of Barcelona with hundreds of restaurants bars and shops <BR>- las Ramblas-Boqueria, a famous food market <BR>- the Placa de Catalunya with warehouses such as El Corte Ingles and FNAC <BR>- Parc Ciutadella with the city's Zoo, a fantastic green area where you can walk, rent bicycles and rollerblades, as well as listen to open-air concerts<BR>- the sea, the city's old harbour, the marina and the beach within a ten minute's walk <BR>- shopping avenue Paseo de Gracia, which features several of Gaud&iacute;'s most famous works of architecture <BR>- a public parking area <BR>- an internet caf&eacute;, within 100 meters <BR>- the subway stops Jaume I and Arco de Triunfo<BR> <BR>For more info and photos have a look at our website on:<BR>http://www.destinationbcn.com <BR>or <BR>http://www.destinationbcn.com/foto

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 11:40 AM
Maggie

Hello Anne,<BR>Your website does not give the rates for this apartment - can you advise?<BR>Regards<BR>Maggie

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 06:00 AM
anne

Hola Maggi<BR><BR>The rent for the apartment is 98 euro per day for two persons, with a surcharge of 10 euro a day for a possible 3rd person.<BR>Fiestas a little more, and for longer-than-7-days-stays we can arrange a discount.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 12:54 PM
Maggie

Thank you Anne, I will keep your apartment in mind when I next visit Barcelona.<BR>Regards<BR>Maggie.

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 11:44 PM
anne

Okay ; )<BR>Hope to welcome you once!