Reload this Page >

Balloon Hat website with great world photos

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 04:09 PM
Dina

http://www.balloonhat.com/<BR>No, I have no connection with this website.<BR>I just love the pictures.

Old Dec 5th, 2001, 01:38 PM
kavey

Dina<BR><BR>I saw this post, not really looking at who posted it, and have spent the last several minutes working through it...<BR><BR>It's such a fun site and I love the way the pics are world wide...<BR><BR>I even added myself to their weekly mailing list...<BR><BR>A photo like that should start any week well.<BR><BR>Then I came back to thank whoever started the thread and saw it was you!<BR><BR>So hello again, and thanks!<BR><BR>Kavey

Old Dec 5th, 2001, 02:46 PM
Dina

Thanks Kavey, <BR>I was wondering if the balloon site had brought a smile to anyone's day, or did my post fall by the wayside. <BR>The African pictures are my favorites. Good luck with your upcoming trip, it sounds fabulous!

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 11:01 AM
Capo

Thanks, Dina! What a wonderful concept, to make balloon hats for people, and then photograph them. I LOVE that wild balloon hat on the Indian man standing in the field and also the shots of the kids in India and Africa...what great smiles and colors!

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 11:24 AM
just wondering

If these guys might have just a wee too much time on their hands???????

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 11:36 AM
Capo

Ah, mon ami, there's never too much time to bring a smile to someone's face!

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 02:06 PM
Dina

Although, calling these things balloon hats is like calling the Eiffel Tower a TV antenna.

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 02:27 PM
dan woodlief

Regardless of the aesthetics of the hats, it is a fun site to view. There is a guy over on www.photo.net that has lots of cool photos of a Mister Potato Head taken in different locations and situations. Pretty creative. If I remember I will post the link here later.

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 02:29 PM
Capo

True, Dina. <BR><BR>Interestingly, as this website notes, the Eiffel Tower was almost torn down in 1909, but was saved *because* of its antenna. <BR><BR>http://www.paris.org/Monuments/Eiffel/

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 02:32 PM
Capo

Dan, I just checked out that website. I couldn't find the Mr. Potato Head photos, but I LOVED this quote: :~)<BR><BR>"I have discovered photography. Now I can kill myself. I have nothing else to learn. -- Pablo Picasso<BR>

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 03:46 PM
Thyra

Wow, Thanks a million for posting that. I really REALLY loved it. <BR>Some of those photos are so wonderful.I particularly liked the group in Mongolia! Thanks for posting. <BR>I also liked the Africa Shots!