Search

Balkan Tour Operators?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2014, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Balkan Tour Operators?

Hi, there --

I was wondering if anyone had experience with tour operators providing tours in the Balkans? Specifically, I would like my tour to include Serbia, Bosnia, Kosovo, Macedonia? (Albania would be a great plus!) I'm trying to get the right mix of locations and fellow travelers. I'm 30 and would like some people my age to travel with. (I love the itinerary and focus of Travel the Unknown, but it seems their travelers range a bit higher in the age spectrum?)

Any feedback is appreciated!
Old Jun 2nd, 2014, 07:51 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Most group tours will >>range a bit higher in the age spectrum<<

Contiki is the primary tour operator w/ a younger demographic - but they tend a bit younger that you.

If it was me (and if I was sure I wanted a group tour) I'd just pick one that covered the places I wanted to visit, had good reviews . . . and ignore the age differences.
Old Jun 2nd, 2014, 09:25 AM
P_M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm told Con Tiki caters to ages 18-35 so you can decide if those are the people you want to travel with. Other than Con Tiki most tour groups will have people much older than you. There might be a few people your age in the average group but even if you are the baby in the group I think you will have fun anyway. When I was 30 I would have preferred an older group over the 18-35 year olds but that is JMO.