Reload this Page >

B&Bs Shannon,Galway,Kerry,help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4th, 2000, 01:10 PM
sheila & kelly

Any feedback on the following B&Bs? <BR>Fitzgeralds farm, Castlefegus Farm, Cahergal Farm, Shannon; Bansha House,Tipperary; Glen Valley House,Connemara; Final Furlough, Kerry. Traveling for a week with 12 year old. Looking forward to horsebackriding & meeting people. Also want to drink in the scenery. Daughter also learning Irish dances. Traveling 1st week in September. Thankful for any info. <BR>

Old Jul 5th, 2000, 07:10 AM
Paul

Theres info on most of those B&Bs at <BR> <BR>http://www.ireland.travelmad.com

Old Jul 5th, 2000, 01:58 PM
oren litvak

i dont know if you were planning on seeing the ring of kerry, i recommend that instead you do the dingle peninsula via the conemarre pass, and stay a night at dingle. The ring of kerry was dissapointing. As per those b&b's i did not stay at any of those.

Old Jul 6th, 2000, 01:03 PM
marylouise

Hi <BR>Sorry..can't help with the B&B's but just got back from renting a house for a week on the Dingle Peninsula with my husband,13 yr old son, 9 yr old daughter. We rode horses on the beach,drank in tons of scenery, saw ancient ruins, loved Dingle Town. <BR>I highly recommend. There was still plenty left to do that we didn't get to and we were there 6 nights. I'd go there again in a second. Have fun!

Old Jul 7th, 2000, 06:23 AM
elaine

marylouise, <BR> <BR>On our return visit to Ireland, my husband insists we spend more time in Dingle. Did you rent house privately or through rental company? Would appreciate any info you could share. <BR>Thanks.

Old Jul 8th, 2000, 10:03 AM
marylouise

Hi Elaine <BR>My husband found the lovely and spacious 4 bedroom/4 bath house on the internet through a rental agency website. The owners' phone number was on it and we made all our arrangements directly with them. Those 7 days were the highlight of our 12 day trip. The house was located in a beautiful area with a spectacular panoramic ocean/mountain view. Now that I've teased you...I must say that I don't believe the renters use the same website for advertising anymore and I would only feel comfortable having them respond to you themselves. I have e-mailed them about your question and will let them contact you if they wish. I don't think they have any problem keeping it rented (as it is such a gem )so I'm not sure that they would pursue this. We did download lots of house rentals from the www.family-homes.ie website. Spending a week in Castlegregory was a wonderful way to experience Ireland. Best of luck with your plans. <BR>

Old Jul 12th, 2000, 11:03 AM
marrianne

Don't know about the B&Bs you mention but I've just got back from a 7 day trip. Can whole heartedly recommend Applecroft in Killarney [they are on the web] and Sunnymeade in Renvyle, Connemara [views from room 3 and 4 spectacular]. Applecroft have large rooms including family room [Kerry Way]. All bedrooms except one have double and single bed in same room. Have a great trip.

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 07:51 PM
Clydon

Stayed at Bansha House and Glen valley Apr. 99. Bansha had discontinued their horse riding, the nearby stable was not very good. The food was good, and Mr. Marname -can't remember his first name, did show us videos of some of his race horses. Rooms were quite comfy. Glen Valley was very charming. They only had 5 horses when we weere there, but they were very nicely taken care of. Lovely location, good restaurant nearby, the Field. Have fun!

Old Aug 3rd, 2000, 02:34 PM
doc

don't know the b and b's you named - can recommend tara farm in kenmare, cheap, beautiful, close to dingle penin. and ring of kerry. tara is on the internet as well. good luck