Reload this Page >

B&B's in London for 3-4

Search

B&B's in London for 3-4

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2000, 09:44 AM
Anita

B&B's in London for 3-4

We're planning a trip to London for a week next spring and are on a tight budget. Inexpensive (under $100) hotels or B&Bs seem the way to go. Looking for a central area perhaps around Bloomsbury. With 3-4 women, I think a bathroom in the room would help, and what does en suite really mean? I've done several searches here, but still have a lot of questions.

Old Aug 21st, 2000, 10:28 AM
elaine

Anita <BR>"en suite facilities" generally means that a toilet <BR>(wc), and a bathroom with tub and/or shower (not necessarily both)is private and within, or connected to, the bedroom. <BR>for inexpensive accommodations, try these websites <BR>www.bbchannel.com Bed & Breakfasts <BR>www.budgettravel.com <BR>www.uktravel.com <BR>www.tourist.co.uk <BR>www.beduk.co.uk <BR>www.kgp-publishing.co.uk B&Bs in London <BR>www.infotel.co.uk <BR>www.b-and-b-online.com <BR> <BR>If any of you are 50 years old or older: <BR>www.senior com <BR>www.seniors.com <BR>www.aarp.org <BR>www.specialtytravel.com <BR>www.elderhostel.org <BR>You might also find that it would be a better deal to rent a flat for the week, especially with 4 of you. <BR>Try these websites; the first was recommended by people on this forum. <BR>London Pied-a-Terre. <BR>Email [email protected]. Telephone 207 499 692 <BR>Fax 207 491 7273 <BR>Other apartment rentals: <BR>www.vacationspot.com <BR>www.cenlonap.co.uk <BR>www.priceapts.co.uk <BR>and Parkway London apartments, in the US call 800 398 9677 <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 21st, 2000, 10:52 AM
elaine

me again, <BR>just found this hotel information in my files, have not stayed there <BR>Parkwood Hotel, 4 Stanhope Pl, phone 207 402 2241, <BR>fax 207 402 1574 in a central location near the Marble Arch tube stop. <BR>Quad with bath in 1998 100 pounds including breakfast <BR>

Old Aug 21st, 2000, 06:38 PM
steve

try the White HOuse B&B. It's a hundred yards from a train station that takes you right into downtown London. Very reasonable <BR> <BR>www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~dmark

Old Aug 27th, 2000, 11:50 AM
JJ

Anita, <BR> <BR>We also were on a budget last Sept on our trip to UK. We booked at Rhodes Hotel and corresponded via e-mail for our reservation. We were there for a week and were very pleased....... nothing fancy, but clean and very conveniently located near Lancaster Gate <BR>and Paddington Underground Stations and Paddington Rail Sta. I think we paid around $100 US for the double room per day.. rate was based on a week's stay. Breakfast was adequate and included in price ( cereal , juices, toast, ham, cheese, croissants, jam, milk, etc. and full breakfasts were available for extra charge). Our room was small, but had coffee making equipment, hair dryer, phone, satellite TV, small outdoor patio(rooftop kind), small refrig. Bath had shower only and was decent , but small . Several reasonably priced restaurants within two blocks between hotel and Paddington Sta...... also laundromat, small grocery stores and other shops. Also was within couple blocks of Hyde Park for lovely place to walk. Am fairly confident they had larger "family" size bedrooms upstairs. Service was good, linens nice and housekeeping was better than average. Breakfasts served in basement dining room..... nicely and cordially served for several hours in the AM. We felt very safe in that area; around Paddington Sta the main thoroughfare there was a little "sleazy" looking, but not bad, I guess since the area is old and , of course, is in a big city. Rates seemed good to me when I compared to other inquiries before going. London does tend to be expensive, but, so is NY, Atlanta and our big cities. <BR> <BR>We caught the BIG BUS for city tours within a block or two and got tickets there at front desk.Their website is www.rhodeshotel.co.uk; you might check them out. From there you can click on their photos, map , tariffs, e-mail address, etc. They were very helpful and Sussex Gardens is a street full of row houses that have been converted to "hotels"/B&B's or whatever, so if you ask to see rooms there and want to look elsewhere, they are accustomed to such requests. But, we looked when we claimed our reservation there and decided it had everything we required (adequate with no frills) for the price. <BR> <BR>Good luck; contact me if you want more info. We thought we had a good place to stay for the price. <BR> <BR>JJ <BR>