B&B's in Kenmare

Apr 16th, 2000, 10:30 AM
Tom

B&B's in Kenmare

I'm looking for moderately priced B&B's in Kenmare for a three-night stay. Any suggestions? I've heard good things about Shelburne Lodge and Sallyport House. Does anyone have first-hand info. on these places?

Apr 16th, 2000, 12:25 PM
Richard

In 1993, we stayed at the Old Bank House, don't remember the cost, but we travel cheap. The rooms and the restaurant were lovely. It was run by husband/wife Matthew and Aileen d'Arcy. Fax 064-41589.

Apr 18th, 2000, 04:23 PM
marcia

Stayed at Shelburne last year in June. It was lovely. We spent 2 weeks in Ireland staying in guesthouses and Shelburne was the nicest place. The bathrooms are gorgeous and they starch the bed linens. It is easy walking distance to town(sidewalks all the way). Tom Foley is a wonderful host. In Kenmare, go to Crowley's pub. Hopefully Mrs. Crowley will be there. It is a hoot. Their cash register is a drawer. Her daughter(oh, I can't remember her name) usually tends the bar. Have a Smithwick for me.

Apr 30th, 2000, 11:29 AM
Maggie

We stayed at Shelburne Lodge in September and it was perfect. As Marcia said, the bathrooms are beautifully tiled and luxurious, the beds soooooo comfortable. The breakfast was also great-----started with a mixture of fresh berries that was outstanding. tom foley is a great host--you'll be very happy.

Jun 6th, 2000, 04:12 PM
Sharon

We stayed in Kenmare at "An Brachen". Delightful casual home! I loved the pine floors and walls. I recomment it highly.
Sharon