Reload this Page >

Yugoslavia war to affect travel abroad?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 1999, 05:25 PM
Luca Brazi

Do you guys think Americans should worry about the war in Yugoslavia affecting any travel to Italy or anywhere else in Europe this summer? <BR> <BR>There doesn't seem to be any end in sight for this war this year.

Old Apr 5th, 1999, 11:39 AM
mwg

We just returned from Venice and missed our connecting flight from Amsterdam because of delays caused by the departure of military planes to bomb Yugoslavia. There was absolutely no hostility to us as Americans otherwise.

Old Apr 5th, 1999, 02:59 PM
yiumo

I totally agreed with Mike. We are always doing something someone does not like, let it be in Asia, Middle East, South American or Europe. Remember, it is an irony that some of the worst terroist attacks on us are committed by our fellow americans inside this country. Just enjoy yourself in Europe.

Old Jun 4th, 2000, 10:40 AM
lynn

My husband and I are considering a trip to Yugoslavia, e.g., Belgrade, Novi Sad, to visit his relatives. Has anyone traveled there in the year since this thread first was posted?

Old Jun 4th, 2000, 10:58 AM
s.fowler

If you are on an American passport you need a visa, which needs to be gotten BEFORE you leave. I have no current idea how hard it would be to get one. Here is the current US consular "travel warning" on Serbia/Montenegro in which they warn against travel to this region: http://travel.state.gov/serbia_warning.html <BR> <BR>Right now Milosevic is busy repressing the opposition to his rule. Novi Sad is one of the places where arrests have been made. I'm a bit of a "Balkan hand", and what is concerning me right now is where Milosevic will place the pressure next.

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 03:32 PM
lynn

s. fowler: Thanks for the info.