B&B Recommendations in Dingle?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2005, 11:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any recommendations or otherwise for B&B's in Dingle?
Thanks
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 11:54 AM

There are a ton of people who've been to Dingle and have kindly posted where they stayed on this Board. Unfortuantely, not everyone posts here all the time but many only when they are either going (questions) or have just come back from (reviews). You will be able to find a lot of info from their questions and reviews if you do a search in the Ireland forum.

For the best results on this topic, put "Dingle B&B" in the Search space and then highlight "Ireland" in the Topic space and you'll get a bunch of hits from very recent to years and years back about places to stay in Dingle. That way you can read what anyone who's ever posted about Dingle B&Bs has to say - good, bad ot other.

Good luck!

Old Feb 1st, 2005, 04:27 PM

On High Road, above the town is The Lighthouse B&B. We stayed there in June and loved it. Bit of a walk into town (we took the car), but Mary Murphy was wonderful and the views of the harbor would have been worth the walk, even if we had to not drive!

email: [email protected]
web: www.lighthousedingle.com

There are a couple of other B&B's right next door, one of which we stayed at in 2001, though I forget the name. We thought it was very nice, but this one is actually better still.
I'm not crazy about staying too close in, as I'm not a big fan of noise and commotion that isn't done on my schedule.

Though technically NOT Dingle, I've heard nothing but raves about The Shores, across the Connor Pass from Dingle, in Castlegregory.
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 06:23 PM

We stayed at O'Coilleans (check sp) right in town. Nothing too fancy, clean, nice family. Gives tours of ring of Dingle, great location, with a public car park right next door. Easy walking distance to pubs, dinner, and the harbor. Dingle is one of our most favorite Irish towns.
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 06:47 AM

This is for Italian Chauffer regarding the Lighthouse B&B in Dingle. We'll be staying there for just one night in July. I knew when I booked it it was a bit of a walk to town, but just how far is it. It appears to be a 20 minute walk. Also, if we didn't want to drive, is there public transportation there.

Thanks
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 12:24 PM

I would say it is about a ten minute walk to the marina, maybe a touch more. Town center is pretty compact, maybe two small blocks deep by three or four blocks long, you can walk around it pretty easily. We were there in mid-June and didn't really have much trouble finding a parking place. While there are mini-tour buses that ply the Slea Head route, I don't know of any that 'do' Dingle Town. There is a car park by the docks and on-street parking most other places.
You might email Mary or Denis Murphy at:
[email protected]
I think you'll really like the place. We were upstairs, facing the bay and loved the skylight. LET ME KNOW HOW YOU LIKE IT.
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 01:25 PM

For Itallian_Chauffer: did the bedrooms in The Lighthouse have tvs? I seem to recall that they didn't, and that was the reason we didn't stay there in October. (My husband likes to watch it a little before he can fall asleep - only takes 10 minutes!) We did drive by it, though, and it looked beautiful. Next time, maybe!
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 02:03 PM

In October we stayed at the Milestone House B&B just outside Dingle (http://www.iol.ie/~milstone/) It was very nice. The host drove us into town - about a mile - to the trad music at the pubs and then we took an inexpensive taxi home when the music was over. Yes, there was a TV in the room.
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 02:32 PM

People rave here about the Greenmount. That is where we are staying for 2 nights in July.
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 04:07 PM

Honestly can't remember about the TV, and neither can my wife. Sorry. Why don't you email Mary, and ask? Tell her the Emprimo's say hello.
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 04:11 PM

OOPS. We are going back in June (4th through the 15th), but currently are planning to do a self-catering in Killorglin, to split the difference between Dingle and Killarney, so unfortunately won't be able to return there this next trip.
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 05:24 PM

TMWeddle, we stayed in Milestone House on our first trip to Ireland in 1995! I was told it has changed hands in the meantime. It's right next door to the controversial Cill Bhreac. (I took a nap, lying in the grassy back yard, with the cows behind me.) Angela at CB asked us why we didn't stay at Milestone again this time, and the reason was we just wanted to try a different place. Next time I think we will try the Lighthouse, tv or no tv!
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 06:09 AM

Why is Cill Bhreac controversial?
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 06:34 AM

My husband and I spent 2 nights at the Greenmount House, loved it. By far the best B&B of our trip.
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 09:00 AM

Yale, there have been a couple of posters who really didn't care for it and said so. We stayed without any issues. She was totally booked whe we were there in October, so guess it can't be too bad!
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 01:30 PM

Glad to hear you liked it, allisonm. We are staying there 2 nights in March.
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 01:50 PM

Yale, it's not a fancy place by any means, and there are certainly much nicer places to stay in Dingle, but you will pay more. Our bed had a warming pad under the sheets and Angela suggested we turn it on low when we went out so our bed would be toasty warm when we came home, and it was! My husband and Helen, her "helper" (for lack of a better term) hit it off famously; she has a great sense of humor! Be sure and come back with your opinion.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 10:19 AM

Although a bit expensive, take a look a Heatons if you are willing to splurge a bit. It is right up there with Greenmount House in all of the right categories - wonderful hosts, incredible views, the best breakfasts in Ireland, etc. I have stayed at each on separate trips, and both times they were voted as the best locations that we stayed at.
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 05:34 PM

Another HUGE endorsement for Heaton's!!
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 06:02 PM

The Captain's House was really comfy with a top notch traditional breakfast. My single cost 55euro/night. And that included playing with Muffy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -