Reload this Page >

B & B Le Traverse - Pienza

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 04:19 PM
Trish

It looks beautiful and sounds beautiful. Has anyone stayed there?

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 04:39 PM
Liz Z.

I stayed there in October, and yes it is beautiful, the rooms are incredibly comfortable, the breakfasts wonderful, and the hosts welcoming. You won't go wrong!<BR><BR>Liz

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 05:21 PM
Trish

Thank you so very much, Liz. I will e-mail them tonight to book a room. How many days did you stay? Also, any great and fun restaurants or ideas for the area?

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 06:38 PM
Betsy

In Pienze, make sure you get to Latte di Luna for dinner. We stopped in in the afternoon to make a reservation. One of the best meals we had in Italy.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 06:39 PM
Betsy

Uh, make that Pienza, Trish.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 11:08 AM
Liz Z.

We stayed there 4 nights, I believe--and I wish it were more. In fact I felt my whole spirit expand, and then contract again when we went on to Florence, which is noisy and busy and absent of green places. <BR>We ate at the Latte di Luna and enjoyed it as well, and spent days travelling around visiting nearby hill towns. Penuccia (I think that's the owner's name) booked a great restaurant for us in a nearby samll village, and it was totally delightful: great food, lovely intimate setting, and off the beaten path. <BR><BR>My main advice is to leave your self "down time" to just sit and enjoy the views from the hillside. And don't fret about seeing the "most exceptional" hill towns--they are mostly all wonderful in their way.<BR><BR>Liz

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 03:00 PM
Trish

Liz, thank you for all your information on LeTraverse, places to eat,the area, etc. I have been corresponding the Pinuccia, she has been very helpful. Any help with wineries that have tastings in the area?

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 05:34 AM
Liz Z.

Sorry, I am not a wine connaisseur or even an afficianado-- I can't help with wineries!<BR><BR>Liz

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 06:50 AM
m

Liz,<BR> I just got back from Italy on Sat. Pienza was my favorite place! It is rural and not alot of tourists. They also stock the Pecorino cheese and have Montepulciano wines. There is this little stone path off the main street that you can walk down for about two miles. The view is incredible! I stayed at Olivere Camere. ( an old olive mill). It was very basic, but the owner went out of his way to make us happy. Have fun! I wish I was there now!