Search

Avignon TGV

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 08:52 AM
mike

Avignon TGV

Where is the TGV rail station in Avignon located? How long does it take to get there by car from Arles in June leaving around 9:00am?

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 10:46 AM
Christina

It's located just outside the city to the SW in a suburban industrial/business area called "Courtine" on the northern side of the Durance River. It's off the road that goes to Arles, actually, at least that direction. I haven't driven there from the south, only north, so don't know directions from Arles or how long it takes. I know there are signs on the road just outside the station to go to Arles. I can guess that you probably take the N570 up from Arles and then go west on the D942 in the outskirts of Avignon and hopefully see some signs to Courtine or the TGV gare eventually. But that'a a guess given that I approached it from the north on the D942 which goes around Avignon.

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 11:41 AM
PB

From Arles it will take you about an hour - at that time of morning leave about an hour and a half before your train. There is only one, two lane bridge over the Durance river on your way to the station - which can be busy that hour of the morning.<BR><BR>If you have a Michelin map (#245 is the best for this area) you'll take the N570 (the signs leaving Arles will say "Tarascon/Avignon") straight to the bridge. Once over the bridge - go to the second circle, go three quarters of the way around and follow the signs for TGV and Courtine. From there it's a straight shot to one of the two exits to the station. <BR><BR>PB

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 01:22 PM
joe

We dropped off our car in Arles and took the train to Avignon.Took less than half an hour.We left our bags at the station and walked into town while waiting for the Paris TGV.

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 02:07 PM
PB

&lt;&lt;We dropped off our car in Arles and took the train to Avignon.Took less than half an hour.We left our bags at the station and walked into town while waiting for the Paris TGV.&gt;&gt;<BR><BR>Mike is taking the train from the TGV station, according to his post... not the "Avignon-Centre" train station, so if he trained to Avignon from Arles, he would then have to take a taxi (about 10-15 minutes depending on traffic).<BR>There IS a TGV to Paris from the Avignon-Centre train station at 8:48 AM - but it makes four stops and takes longer. <BR><BR>PB<BR><BR><BR>