Reload this Page >

AVE from Madrid - Seville - Which class to travel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 02:55 PM
Greg

For anyone who has taken this train, is there a major difference between Club, Preferential and Tourist? <BR> <BR>Also, it shouldn't be difficult to do two separate tickets if we plan on getting off in Cordoba for a few hours, right? <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR>Greg

Old Sep 18th, 2001, 03:08 PM
Maribel

Hi Greg, <BR>I've always bought tourist class seats, because I just don't notice that much difference between tourist and preferente, other than the meal served at your seat (for such a short trip, it really isn't necessary) and the access to VIP waiting lounge in Atocha and Santa Justa. Both show a movie and have the AVE magazine at each seat. The Club car is really not worth the extra expense, I think. You do need separate tickets for the Madrid-Cordoba, then Cordoba-Seville trips. We did this last summer-got off and spent about 5 1/2 hrs. in Cordoba, then on again to Seville-the AVE is really a pleasant ride. <BR>Have fun!

Old Oct 11th, 2001, 10:04 AM
Daniel

I took Tourist class but from looking into the Club train, they seem to have very similar seats. Tourist class is comfortable and better than typical economy class planes. Since the trip is not that long (3 hrs), comfort was not a big deal for me. I did the same trip from Seville to Cordoba and then from Cordoba to Madrid. Bought two separate tickets and visited the Mosque in Cordoba. You can stick your bags in the lockers in Cordoba and then take a cab to the Mosque. Have fun.

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 01:15 AM
Lori

AVE was great. We did Preferential class and I have to say it was better than any plane that I've been on. Newspapers, meal, headphones, sitting in the club before train time, etc. We just decided to splurge, but I don't know what Club could possibly offer over Pref. <BR>On the other side, we just took the bus into town in Cordoba. 125 pesetas each I think. Cordoba was great in that it showed the bus routes in the bus stand and the buses pulled into the bus station and sat for a minute so you could as the driver if it was the right bus or not. I'd tell you the number, but maybe you'd like to go to another site besides the mosque (plus I don't remember

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 08:41 AM
Judy

I'll second the other posters, we did 2 tickets on the same day from Malaga to Cordoba, placed our bags in a locker, took a cab into town and had enough time to visit. Tourist class was quite comfortable.

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 11:24 AM
eva pequeña

I think when we went with Tauck they got us Preferential...it was VERY nice. The movie (for those Spanish speakers) was nice and the food was VERY nice. I really have nothing to compare it to. (BTW, it was between Cordoba and Madrid) Oh, and for anyone who cares...Tauck's Week in Spain is the GREATEST...and I became friends with the bus driver from Granada to Madrid - he's an awesome guy!!

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 11:32 AM
Mimi

We rode tourist class and it was very comfortable and did not find it necessary to spend the extra money for the short distance. We also found that due to different times of the day prices varied. We took a train that saved us additional money since we did not have to be in Seville at a certain time.

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 05:38 PM
tom

We also took the AVE just last week and Tourist class was good enough for us for the 2.5hours ride. The train was much better than the Regionals, there was more space for large suitcases and somehow the AVE service was almost like a plane, headphone, movies (dubbed in Spanish)and duty free shopping. No seatbelts needed though! The ticket costs us 10100pts and our return at 11am was "low season" time about 6000pts.

Old Nov 11th, 2001, 05:34 PM
MizMel

Greg, we took the 2nd class and it was fine, very comfortable. Did the same thing you're planning - took the train from Madrid to Cordoba and stored our luggage before going on to Seville. Now, those lockers can be tricky. You'll need change to put in lockers, which isn't hard to get, but...the ticket that comes out is a "tissue paper" sort of ticket which looks blank. This caused some concern, as your "combination" to get your luggage is printed on it! A passerby showed us that the ticket is actually OPENED, and even then it was hard to read, as the printing leaves alot to be desired, but with some squinting you can make it out. We simply noted the trains leaving for Seville in the afternoon and made it back by taxi in time with no problem and purchased a ticket for that portion.