auto rentals, pickups and dropoffs

Apr 6th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Original Poster

auto rentals, pickups and dropoffs

Hello,
My wife and I are in the final stages of planning our trip to Spain in September. I usually rent from Auto Europe for my previous trips to Europe. Since this is our first trip to Spain, has anyone rented a car in Salamanca and dropped it off in Barcelona.? Any ideas about the best locations to do this would be greatly appreciated.
Nick
Apr 6th, 2013, 09:50 AM
ira

HI n,

We rented through www.kemwel.com, an AE affiliate. Pickup in Barcelona, drop off in Madrid.

Nothing out of the ordinary re the locations of the rental offices.

Apr 6th, 2013, 09:52 AM
ira

PS,

I brought my TomTom GPS.

Very helpful for navigating in cities - Barcelona, Pau, San Sebastian, Bilbao, Burgos, Salamanca, Segovia, Madrid.
Apr 6th, 2013, 12:08 PM

I would advise dropping the car off at the airport and taking a taxi, or public transportation into the city. Barcelona is a series of busy one-way streets, and unless you are familiar with the city, you can spend a good deal of time getting to one of the in-city rental locations.

Picking up in Salamanca should not be a problem. You might want to be aware that the selection of cars will not be quite as great as picking up in a major city or airport. If you need a larger car than what's shown on AE or Kemwel's pages, you can always call them and request what you need.
Apr 6th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I was thinking that the airport in Barcelona would be more convenient to drop off our car.
Nick.