Authentic but updated hotel in Santorini

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel as though some of the hotels I have been searching are either ultra modern looking luxury hotels that don't necessarily make you feel like your in greece. On the other side I don't want a rundown room without a bath room either.
Does anyone have suggestions for an authentic but updated hotel in santorini?
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 08:46 AM

Fanari Villas! Authentic, comfortable, clean , well appointed and breathtaking. Oia with amazing views and thoughtful staff.
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 09:24 AM

What is your maximum daily room budget in Euro, when will you be there, and which village do you prefer?
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 10:00 AM

It is difficult to find a room without a bathroom these days on almost ANY Greek island, and certainly not in Santorini! Have you been reading 1960s guidebooks? Have no fear!
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Original Poster

I think our budget is 150-300 euro/night for may or june, what should i expect to get for this price?
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 09:16 PM

Here are some accomodations with websites for €300 or less in May/June: Scirocco Apartments, Enigma Hotel, Loucas Hotel, Cosmopolitan Suites, Tzekos Villas, Aigialos Houses, Porto Fira Suites, Dana Villas, Villa Ilias, Volcano View Villas, Efterpi Villas, Cliffside Suites, Homeric Poems, Santorini Princess, Honeymoon Petra Villas, On The Rocks, Anastasis, Strogili Houses, Rimida Villas, Atrina, Nostos Apartments, Filotera Villas, Caldera Villas, Island Blue at www.MyBlue.gr, Aris Caves, Ifestio Villas, Lucky Homes, Golden Sunset Villas, Fotinos Houses, Marizan Villas
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 11:43 PM

I think that you should book a room in Zannos Melathron Hotel. It is a member of Relais and Chateaux group and I believe that everybody who could afford it would visit this place. It offers you a magnificent gourmet cuisine accompanied by a big wine list. Staying there is a unique experience. There is an imposing atmosphere in a sophisticated decoration. You can also enjoy Spa Treatments there and dinner can be served at the terrace. The hotel is housed in a 19th century mansion next to the medieval castle, at Pyrgos village. Situated on the top of the cliff, it has an amazing view to the rest of the island and the sea. In my opinion, it is the best accommodation in Santorini. Its website is http://www.santorini-hotels.info/zannos-melathron.htm .