Search

austrian hotels

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 1998, 12:47 PM
anna

austrian hotels

I'd love to hear feedback on any of the following hotels from anyone who's stayed at them:

Vienna: Zur Wiener Staatsoper or Hotel Roemischer Kaiser; Graz: Romantik Parkhotel or Schlossberg Hotel; Innsbruck: Goldener Adler or Weisses Roessl; Salzburg: Hotel Elefant or Hotel Kasererbraeu;

Old May 9th, 1998, 03:11 PM
tom

I'm not sure what price range you're looking at, but those hotels are all very expensive. We've been to Vienna, Graz,and Salzburg. You can find a lot of very nice hotels that run about half the price of those listed. Please e-mail me if you need any information. We're talking nice rooms, good breakfasts, ensuite bathrooms and friendly staff. If money is no object, we can't help you , although we did stay at the Vienna Marriott last year. It was nice, and it was free due to Marriott points, bit it wasn't that MUCH nicer.

Old May 18th, 1998, 08:40 PM
Kenzie

I'd love any info you may have on nice hotels in Vienna, Graz, and Salzburg.

Old May 19th, 1998, 01:09 PM
Christina

I just today reserved a room at Hotel Elefant in
Salzburg. It was quite modestly priced and not
expensive at all compared to what I'd expected
from hearing Salzburg was very expensive. It's
a 3-star hotel and I reserved a double room with
shower for only 1640 AS (about $130) -- rooms with
a bathtub cost a little more (1970 AS or $158).
It looked good on Best Western's WEB site
(www.bestwestern.com) and I'd seen it recommended
in several guidebooks, plus it's got a great
location, so I went for it.

for only Regardless of what a previous poster
said, this hotel is NOT expensive at all. In fact,
I was

Old May 19th, 1998, 01:42 PM
anna

Thanks for the feedback. The reason I'm considering these hotels is that they seemed smaller and less chain-like and I would prefer that on our trip to Austria. So, I guess I'd still be interested if you thought them a decent value for the money. If they exceed our budget, we'll have to scale down. Part of it depends on whether we end up having to book 2 rooms (because we're traveling with our 2 children).

Old May 21st, 1998, 10:40 AM
Mike

Hi all, some recommendations from my trip in 93....Vienna: Zur Wiener Staatspoer (small hotel, very central location, just off main street kartnerstrasse... can walk to all old town sights, no AC at that time, can be a little noisy if windows open, nice staff) Enns: Lauricum (very nice hotel, restaurant with panoramic views) Salzburg/Mondsee: Seehotel Lachner (we couldn't get accomodation in Salzburg, so found this place....great location, on lake, swimming with views of mountains, nice restaurant, picturesque town, church famous as one where Julie Andrews got married in Sound of Music, and married in real life!) Innsbruck: Weisses Kreuz (old inn, very central location, near all tourist attractions and tourist bureau, parking may be a problem, no cars except morning(?)) Hope this helps....