Reload this Page >

Aurora Borealis in Iceland in November?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 09:53 AM
kaya

Can anyone tell me if one can see the aurora borealis in November in Iceland (Reyjavik)?

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 04:42 PM
Mary

i was in reyjavik last december wanting to see it also. You will not be able to see it from reyjavik you will have to travel north. We didn't get the opportunity to see it, but they offer many tours to take you up there. You will probably need to book in advance. I'm not sure of the web site but when we look I did a yahoo search for iceland tours. If I have time later I will look for ya.

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 03:21 AM
leo

The city lights in Rekyavik will be a problem. We saw the aurora to the south east near Skatafell National park in late September. The major problem will be the clouds. Allow yourself a few night just in case of bad weather. In November, a lot of Tourist options are closed but you can still find plenty to do for a nice little vacation. Check out the thread about 100 things to do in Iceland- very informative.

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 07:09 AM
kaya

Thank you both for replying to my post. I will look into doing a separate trip to see the Northern Lights elsewhere! <BR> <BR>Cheers!

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 12:05 PM
Margarita

I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who is planning a holiday centered around witnessing The Northern Lights. We are in the planning stages of a trip in October and are hoping we can see the lights in Norway. We have been advised by helpful and informative people from this bulletin board to travel North. We think Trosmo will be our destination. Good luck to you.

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 07:27 PM
Linda

Margarita - I'm interested in going to Norway next year to see the Northern Lights. If you get a chance, please e-mail me when you get back and let me know how your trip went. Thanks.

Old Aug 26th, 2001, 06:27 PM
Judy

Traveled to Norway last January for 12 days just for aurora borealis, from Kirkens the far north to Oslo, no luck.

Old Aug 26th, 2001, 06:33 PM
Fran

<BR>Going to Iceland in December and have been reading up on this. Does anyone know just what are the chances? It appears that it is cloudy and/or rainy on most days.