August Scandinavia trip

Search

August Scandinavia trip

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2020, 05:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
August Scandinavia trip

We are three adults with varying interests, who have previously seen the Norwegian fjords and also many years ago made one-day cruise ship stops in Oslo and Copenhagen. We want to revisit those two cities with more time, but we are also interested in Lofoten in Norway, and also the Aero Islands in Denmark. If we want to keep this trip to 2 weeks, what's the most efficient way to handle this itinerary? (remember, we don't need to visit the western fjords again) Would adding a couple days in Stockholm or Berlin be unrealistic with the time frame? We especially need good advice about getting to and around Lofoten and Aero.
Old Mar 6th, 2020, 10:24 PM

Drop Denmark and go to Lofoten.
Adding Stockholm or Berlin would be unrealistic
Lofoten: rent a car, You can fly in from Oslo.
Old Mar 7th, 2020, 08:43 AM

I would agree that adding Stockholm for a day would be giving that city very short shrift. We've been doing research for our own Scandinavia trip this July, and while everything we plan to see looks lovely, Stockholm looks to be the highlight. And many Fodorites here have chimed in that Stockholm deserves 4-5 days at minimum.

I'd be the first to make fun of how common it is for Fodorites to say "You need AT LEAST X days to properly see _____," but even I agree that one day in Stockholm would do little more than make you regret that you have only one day there.

[Edit: I just noticed you said two days in Stockholm, not one; but it still seems way too little.]