ATM FEES

Old Mar 2nd, 2000, 03:25 PM
Gloria

ATM FEES

Do the ATM machines in Paris charge a fee for the transation?

My bank won't charge me; but they advised me that the foreign banks may.

Thanks. Gloria

Old Mar 2nd, 2000, 04:56 PM
KK

About 2 to3 US$

Old Mar 2nd, 2000, 07:50 PM
anne

I've never seen an identifiable charge on any of our Paris transactions. Perhaps there's a fee included in the exchange rate calculated - but I can't tell. Still the most cost effective and easiest way to get cash!

Old Mar 3rd, 2000, 06:32 AM
Brian in Atlanta

I've never seen one of those ATM user fees anywhere in Europe, but I haven't been back since Sept 99 and I'm sure they're coming . . .

Old Mar 3rd, 2000, 06:43 AM
Mary Ann

Per our bank which does not charge, any charge in Europe is usually built into the exchange rate, as someone mentioned above. We were in Germany, Italy, Austria, Czech, Hungary and France last fall. No isolated fee was shown on our statements when they came through. It really is the best way to go. Cash any time, usually no line. You can compare exchange rates for the bank that has the ATM. Rick Steves did caution on certain banks in certain countries. By comparing the rates posted, and getting the best, you should minimize any built in fees.