Atm availability

Apr 23rd, 2000, 09:30 AM
Deb

Atm availability

Please let me how easy it is to use debit
cards in Split. Are there many atm machines?? Or should I be using travelers checks instead. Thank you.

Apr 23rd, 2000, 04:31 PM
bo_jack

On the suspicion that "Split" is sort of a mirror-image misspelling of "Spain"--ATMs are very easy to find in Spain. If you are actually asking about "Split" -- sorry, I cannot help.

Apr 23rd, 2000, 04:40 PM
s.fowler

Split is in Croatia... a former part of former Yugoslavia. I would imagine that there would be a few ATMs... there are in Skopje, which for all my love of Macedonia, is less "clued in" to the modern world than I udnerstand Croatia to be. I'd be sure I had cards for both the plus & cirrus systems though.... I've on;y found one "plus" machine in Skopje -- fortunately in my hotel

May 20th, 2000, 01:40 PM
Lidija

there are plenty atm's in split, you don't have to worry, but you can use also travelers checks, or credit cards, amex, visa, diners, master, all accepted

May 24th, 2000, 12:36 PM
victoria

We will be traveling from Rome to Split then on to Vis. I heard it was cash only there . Does anyone know?

Jul 4th, 2000, 11:38 AM
xxx

Just got back from our trip to Croatia,
had only one problem with the atms, my husbands card was sucked up, message read "card expired", it was a new card, but my card worked fine.
Moral - have more than one card to access your accounts, and also make sure to have sufficient funds in all your accounts because you can not specify which account the funds will be taken from. We found no need for travelers cheques.