Reload this Page >

POTTERY BARGAINS IN PORTUGAL

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 07:11 PM
Risha

I know that Portugal is famous for its pottery. Is there a particular area and/or store where I can get something that isn't everywhere in the country? Are there any pottery outlets?<BR><BR>Thanks

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 09:00 AM
ja

Hi, Risha -<BR> I don't know about outlets, but the town of Porches, in the Algarve, is said to be a pottery manufacturing center. Every time we drove through/past, I itched to stop and shop at all the pottery shops that line the roads!<BR>ja

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 10:31 AM
wr

Hi Risha!<BR>You may find something at this site:<BR>www.ceramicglass.net<BR>Hope this helps.

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 03:51 PM
joao

The center of pottery in Portugal is Sao Pedro do Corval, near Reguengos and Monsaraz (south east, near spanish border).<BR><BR>Imagine a village (2000 inhabitants or so) with 10 major family run handycraft factories.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 11:11 PM
chris

We have a quick trip to Lisbon planned next week. I love pottery. Are there any specific places in Lisbon that anyone can recommend?

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 06:19 PM
rj

If you drive along the coast of Portugal- the Algarve- from Faro towards the Spanish border you will see many pottery stores. You can't miss them. They also sell wonderful sheepskin slippers for $20.00. I'd love to go back. The prices are phenomenal compared to she-she ceramic shops in the States.