Reload this Page >

Athens Airport Hotel, Samos

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 01:46 PM
Marcia

Two questions: <BR>What would be the closest, not-to-expensive hotel to the airport? (we have a 6am flight). <BR> <BR>Also, any hotel recommendations/travel tips for Samos? <BR> <BR>THANKS! <BR>

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 08:27 AM
Please

Anyone?

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 02:58 PM
Rob McCoist

Marcia <BR> <BR>Unfortunately there is only one hotel (Sofitel) attached to the new airport and it doesn’t open its doors until 1st October. It's advertising itself as '5 star' and it’ll probably be expensive. <BR> <BR>For a range of hotels it's worth doing a search for accommodation located in Vouliagmeni - a 30 minute drive from the airport. <BR>

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 06:34 PM
Anna

My husband and I spent one night in Samos in June at the end of our Rick Steve's tour to Turkey. We stayed at the Hotel Samos, which had nice rooms and a rooftop pool. We took the bus to Pythagorio which we preferred to Samos town. Some friends from our tour spent a few nights near Pythagorio - they were very happy. They also rented a car for a day and it was very reasonable. The beaches were stoney rather than sand but the water is beautiful and clear. I can email my friend to find out where they stayed outside Pythagorio if you'd like. I remember her saying it had a pool and they paid ~$28 per night. <BR> <BR>Are you arriving via ferry or plane? We ferried in from Turkey but flew from Samos to Athens. <BR> <BR>Here is the url for Rick Steve's information on Samos. <BR>http://www.ricksteves.com/greecebook/samos.htm <BR> <BR>I have a booklet that we were given on Greece that has more information than is on his website for Samos - I'm not quite sure where it is though. I'll look around for it...

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 07:06 PM
Anna

Marcia, <BR>I located the tour handbook on Greece, there isn't any more information on Samos than at Rick Steve's website. I emailed my friend for the name of the hotel she stayed at, hopefully I'll have the name of it tomorrow.

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 03:31 AM
Tammy

I was in Samos for a day on a cruise last year. We went to the northern fishing town of Kokkari and had lunch on the water. This is a beautiful spot and I highly recommend it. I read about Taverna Avgo Tou Kokora in Frommer's but it wasn't open at 3:00. I don't remember the name of the place we had lunch but it was great. If you like white wine, you must try the Samaina wine. It went perfectly with our mezes. I still have not been able to find it in the States. Fokianos is dry rose wine. We didn't try it. <BR> <BR>I read in Frommer's that the best beach is near Samos town at Kalami and a recommended restaurant in Samos town is Christos Taverna on Platia Ayiou Nikolaou. It's a simple taverna. Both restaurants I mentioned do not take credit.

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 06:18 PM
t

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 03:44 AM
Tammy

Marcia, let us know when you read these suggestions.

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 04:56 PM
t

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 09:35 AM
Anna

I heard back from my friend, they stayed at the Hotel Mykali near Pythagorio on Samos. Here is a link to a website <BR>http://www.greekhotel.com/n-aegean/s...ykali/home.htm <BR> <BR>They called the hotel to book direct and had no troubles.