Our family of 4 is traveling this winter holiday season. For the most part my itinerary is set and is as follows:
Rome: 7 days (Dec. 19-26)
Pompeii: 2 days (Dec. 26-28)
Tuscany: ??? days… right now I have 7 days. (Dec. 28-Jan 3)
Fly out from Milan January 4.
I decided to fly out of Milan in a moment of weakness - I thought "hey, we've never been to Milan, let's go in the morning before, spend the overnight and fly out". I kind of regret it - but with 4 tickets bought, I will not be changing it. We plan to drive up from Tuscany and drop the car on Jan 3 - then the morning of the flight we will train to the airport - leaving just after noon.
Now I'm wondering if we should spend just 1 night (being the overnight before our flight) or 2 nights in Milan. I expect that while there, we will see the Duomo and try to see the Last Supper. Other than that, not so sure….ideas? thoughts? maybe while up there go to Lake Como for an afternoon before going to Milan while we still have the car. I don't know...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 2 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 3 Easter Week in Italy
- 4 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 5 Moscow Hotels
- 6 Paris November 2017
- 7 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 8 Spain in 2018
- 9 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 10 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 11 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 12 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 13 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 14 Christmas week in Ireland
- 15 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 16 Which Aran Island??
- 17 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 18 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 19 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 20 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 21 Barcelona to Malaga
- 22 Honeymoon In Italy - Itinerary Help?
- 23 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 24 Driving from Bouzies to Figeac
- 25 Rent in Rome
At the end of trip - how long to stay in Milan before flight out