asturia hotels or b&b's

Search

asturia hotels or b&b's

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
asturia hotels or b&b's

Can anyone recommend neat places to see and stay in Asturia? We will be there in early Sept.
Thanks, Vicki
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 08:16 AM

I must confess that I have no idea where or what Asturia is.
I think you need to check your spelling and repost.

My best guess that you misspelled Austria.

If the question pertains to the nation of Austria, it is far too vague to be answered with any degree of certitude.
From east to west, Austria is about 450 miles. It is as varied a nation as any in Europe in terms of landscape and culture. Just where are you planning to be?
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 09:01 AM

We spent several days there in May, in the rain, but enjoyed the Parador at Cangas de Onis.
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 09:14 AM

Hi, Vicki,

How long will you be in Asturias? Do you want to focus on coast or mountains? I think the city of Oviedo is one of the prettiest in Spain, it's very well located for good day trips in Asturias, and makes an easy day trip to Leon on the other side of the mountains (the gothic cathedral there rivals any in the world, the stained glass is incredible). And there are lots of nice beach towns/fishing villages within an easy day's drive -- Luarca is one of my favorites.

And the Picos de Europa, as Bob mentioned, is a great place for a vacation. The distances are small, but lots of narrow winding roads so I think you have to scale down your ambitions for day trips if you stay there. Anyway, you've got lots and lots of beautiful choices.

LR
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the info. I'll be checking into the hotel and Leon sounds wonderful....I would have never put the two together!
Vicki
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 12:42 PM

Hi, Vicki,
One thing I forgot to mention -- if you are thinking about Oviedo, I'd recommend the Hotel Vetusta, it's a very friendly, small hotel that's right in the middle of the city and close to a big municipal parking garage. http://www.hotelvetusta.com/
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 11:56 PM

B&Bs do not exist in Spain, they are called Casa Rurals. The best place to look is a listing site htt://www.toprural.com
Here the casas are reviewed by guests. But like most review sites take some comments with a pinch of slat and avoid the casas which seemly get reviews every few days. To me this is quite false as not every gust will take the trouble of writing something.