Assistance Needed in finding Paris Hotel

Old Apr 26th, 1999, 07:58 PM
P.Verrill

Assistance Needed in finding Paris Hotel

Greetings to all,
First time posting here. Friends of mine are having a lot of trouble finding a hotel in Paris for the week, June/2 thru June/9. I have sent out about 40 electronic Inquiries for them (They don't - can you believe it-own a computer, LOL) and not one hotel has so far got a room available in the 2-3 star Category. Any help or advise would be appreciated.
TIA,
Patricia

Old Apr 26th, 1999, 11:49 PM
Lydia

P. Verrill - try www.globe-market.com - they used to list Lux Hotel Picpus - 2-star - quiet boulevard, near two metros, fax 0143430522 - there are several others listed that seem nice.

Old Apr 27th, 1999, 12:56 AM
greg

I can sympathize with your difficulty. Paris is definitely a city where you need to act early to find a reasonable hotel during the peak time. My two cents on this is that 6th and 7th hotels are popular and harder to find vacancies. I can never work out work coverage for the year early enough to be able to find a vacancy here during the peak season. The ones in 1st and 8th are still central but more business like and somewhat easier to find rooms, they tend to be more expensive also. This is usually where I end up finding a room by having to wait until spring. As you go further out of center to, it is easier to find, but also incovenient. I found a room in 18th even during the Worldcup 98, but it was very inconvenient.

Old Apr 27th, 1999, 02:57 AM
s.fowler

If you haen't tried La Motte Piquet here's the website:
http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h7...tepicquet2.htm

Ask for a room with bath. The one we had [105] was small, but charming with a working ATM right under our window!

Old Apr 27th, 1999, 03:54 AM
elaine

in the first, try the hotel Montana at 12 rue St Roch, or across the street on rue St Roch the St Romain. I'm sorry I don't have the phone numbers with me at the moment. I have stayed at both. They are 3 star. Small, not luxurious but nice, homey. Fantastic location, a three-minute walk from the Tuileries
metro stop. Breakfast available.

More well known and therefore possibly less easily booked now is the Hotel des Tuileries also on the right bank,
phone 01 42 61 04 17,fax 01 49 27 91 56.
10 rue St Hyacinthe, also excellent location.

Old Apr 27th, 1999, 06:04 AM
Lydia

I've found the e-mail for Lux Hotel Picpus - [email protected]