ASIAN TRAVELLERS DOING EUROPE NOW!

Jun 21st, 2001, 05:53 AM
ASIA

ASIAN TRAVELLERS DOING EUROPE NOW!

Any advise on where to go and what to see and where to stay (hotel) in europe.

Plans:
.2 weeks available on our schedule
.we intend to go late this year (Sept, Oct, Nov)
.don't really mind where we go
.we are not backpackers, like to stay in medium rate to above average hotels
.like to shop and explore our surroundings and blend in as much as possible eventhough staying in a hotel

thanks everyone for your advise...we have travelled much to ASIA and now we are dedicated to the Europe side...we need to explore and educate ourselves of this part of the world!

cheers everyone!

Jun 21st, 2001, 06:53 AM
toa

To read up on Europe; then to come back here with more specific questions.

Jun 21st, 2001, 06:53 AM
that wouldb

I'll go to the library, too, and pick up a dictionary.

Jun 21st, 2001, 08:37 AM
richardab

If you have never been to Europe I would recommend one of the big cities.

London - at least 5 days

Rome - at least 5 days

Paris - at least 5 days

Amsterdam - at least 3 days

Munich - - at least 3 days

In these cities you will find the best of everything Europe has to offer. For two week I would recommend 5 days each in 2 big cities plus 2 or 3 days in Amsterdam or Munich. London and Paris are so big that even 5 days would be short, but it will give you a good flavor of the city. Amsterdam and Munich are small compact cities with a lot to see and do, plus great shopping and resdaurants.

If you decide which cities you will visit and need hotel recommendations, send me an Email!
Also check out my websight. It has a lot of info about Rome and Amsterdam. I will be adding Munich later this month.

http://home.earthlink.net/~richardab

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Jun 22nd, 2001, 04:10 AM
asia

Thanks Richardab!

This is exactly the type of response I am looking at....no time to go to the library - downloaded with work which is why I find this site helpful and quicker!

I thought this site was for us to swap travel ideas, tips, and stories...didn't know I would have to visit a library first!!!!

Please don't post any replies if you are not going to be helpful with my situation...I find it frustrating

Jun 22nd, 2001, 06:55 PM
too lazy

ASIA,

It would help if you told us what area in which you were interested; such as cathedrals, architecture, museums etc.
You can't expect much of a response when you don't give enough to go on.

Jun 23rd, 2001, 07:13 PM
Robbie

Dear Asia

For my first trip to Europe I stayed in London for 5 days and when I finished seeing everything there I wanted to see. I then started taking side trips ie. Windsor Castle, Hampton Court Palace. I then spent 5 days in the Republic of Ireland traveling around to see some of the major sites. I then went to Scotland for 4 days. Again hitting some of the major sites. I know alot of people don't like taking tours, but if you have a limited amount of time and want to see the major sites in the locations you have decided on and you don't like driving. Do some investigation in a tour. Then go back to that Country or Countries and you will have a pretty good idea about getting around and the costs. We went to Germany recently and we took a tour. We were on tour for 16 days and seen an incredible amount of historical sites. We will go back on your own the next time. There is an investment of time in investigating not only tours, but the planning of your on personal tour of a Country. Great Britain and The Republic of Ireland were a wonderful starting point for us. I have always been very interested in history and what a wonderfull beginning it was. No matter what Country you choose there is a wealth of information available today. When you decide come back to the forum and you will be surprised at the amount of wonderfull information the good people of this forum will be willing to share. Happy planning friend.

Peace, Robbie

Jun 24th, 2001, 09:49 PM
Rex

This was the third of y-p's posts (well, not necessarily chronologically speaking) - - I would have to re-examine the times - - and I am not sure I feel like doing that...

Best wishes,

Rex

Jun 25th, 2001, 07:13 AM
Miles

If you have no idea on where to visit in Europe why bother going at all?

You sound like the type of person who only wishes to travel somewhere to tell their "friends" "I've been to Europe" (incidentally in an irritating American accent), the response that such a person intends to initiate is "wow" (or some other annoying Americanism).

Take my advise, save your money, don't travel for the sake of it. If you have to, get some idea. Please come to your senses.

Jun 25th, 2001, 07:52 AM
let it rest

oh, and there's nothing annoying about the British. They have no silly British-isms.

Jun 25th, 2001, 12:02 PM
Rhonda

Dear Asian Travelers:
Be careful on this website, some
of the "experts" can get very nasty,
discourteous, and snide.

Jun 25th, 2001, 12:42 PM
AlreadyBusted

Rhonda:
Asia is not and asian traveller. Nothing but a troll.
Real asian travelers are welcome.
Sorry asia is trying to give you a bad name.

Jun 25th, 2001, 02:45 PM
Hilde

Europe is a big continent and there are plenty off things to see. In Norway the nature is beautiful and iff you want too travell in the northern part I would regomant Lofoten. Take the plain to Oslo and then to Bodoe. And the boat to Lofoten.

Search this Thread