Reload this Page >

Area/Hotel in Berlin

Search

Area/Hotel in Berlin

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2001, 09:20 PM
Randy Joens

Area/Hotel in Berlin

We will be in Berlin (for the first time) during the 3rd week of September. Any thoughts on the best area of the city to stay in? We will be doing the usual few days of museums, restaurants, and other tourist stuff. <BR> <BR>I think that I remember reading that being fairly close to an S,U-bahn may be enough.

Old Jul 14th, 2001, 09:24 PM
Linda

Check nethotels.com for good information re hotels and locations. I stayed with friends there so can't suggest one but this site has good info and hotels.

Old Jul 14th, 2001, 10:23 PM
Marc David Miller

I was there in 1998, stayed at Hotl=Pension Funk on Fasanenstrasse, near the Ku'damm--great location, near the Zoo station

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 06:34 AM
eva

I've just come back, staying in Hotel Sylter Hof,Kurfüsten str-recommended previously on this forum-nice,clean room, rich breakfast,10 min from the zoo station on foot, and the bus no. 100 passing Rekchstag, Untan den Linden etc stops just in front of the htl.Booked it via www.hrs.de,they have the lowest rates,and if you arrive before 6 pm, you do not have to give your credit card no.I've used them twice for Cologne and Berlin without any problem.If you need any new info about Berlin,ask. <BR>Rgds <BR>Eva

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 08:59 AM
guy

Don't profess to be an expert. Only been to Berlin one time in early 2000. Stayed at the Kempinski Bristol Hotel @ 27 Kurfurstendamm. First, it is quite a nice hotel. I would think that by the 3rd week in Sept. that the rates should be quite reasonable. As I recall it is located near the S,U-bahn. It is located in center of the theater district. It is located in the center of most of the shopping, including the huge department store KaDeWa (?). A short cab ride to the area of the Brandenburg Gate and the Museum area off of the Unter den Lindon. And also only a short cab ride from TXL. Your gonna love Berlin.