Reload this Page >

Area between P.zza Barberini and Via Veneto in Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 04:20 PM
Ayreen

I am wondering if anyone is familiar around the area between Plaza Barberini and Via Veneto in Rome. Is it a desirable area for a hotel? It is quiet? Is the neighborbood safe? <BR>

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 02:20 AM
chris

Hi! The Via Veneto is THE most fashionable street in Rome. Several of the very best hotels are there, as is the US Embassy. It is an uphill street at the bottom of which is the Piazza Barberini (if I remember correctly).

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 04:20 PM
richard j vicek

Good afternoon, Ayreen <BR>Chris is right, the Via Veneto's lower <BR>end is at the Pza Barberini. There are <BR>plenty of hotels on either side of the <BR>Veneto and one the streets on either <BR>side. Also at the Pza Barberini is the <BR>start of the via Sistina that runs for two blocks NW to the top of the Spanish <BR>Steps, the Trinita di Monti. Street side <BR>hotel rooms tend to be noisy due to the <BR>traffic on any of these streets. Would <BR>consider these areas desirable and safe. <BR>Richard of La Grange Park, Il...

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 07:51 AM
pam

I highly recommend the HOtel delle Regioni(***), just down the hill from the Barberini metro stop and 10 steps off of Via del Tritone 94,around the corner on Via Zucchelli. We had room #2, with a bath, A/C, breakfast for, I think, 270000 lire last June (2 adults, one child). It was so quiet in our room--NO street noise.

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 11:33 AM
jeff holmes

there is a small mid-range hotel called the Hotel Sistina: up the Via Sistina (perhaps 100 yards on the right). Via Sistina runs from the Plaza Barberini to the Spanish Steps. <BR> <BR>Also, the Taverina Sistina on the same street, where the owner sings opera during dinner---enjoyable, although the food was only so, so.