Reload this Page >

Are jackets for men required in a better restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 05:52 AM
jane

Leaving for Florence and Italian Rivera in a few days. Does anyone know what is the dress code for men in a better restaurants in Florence and SML on Italian Rivera<BR>Thanks

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 06:11 AM
Lori

I would have to say yes, they should wear a jacket in better restaurants. To me it just presents a better image, which could translate into better service, etc.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 06:19 AM
xyz

especially if the aircon's turned up to FULL.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 07:18 AM
Terry

Why do Brits call it aircon? It's air conditioning.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 07:25 AM
kavey

For the same reason Hamburgers are called Burgers and Automatic is often referred to as Auto and Administration is often described as Admin.<BR><BR>It's an abbrevation.<BR><BR>Besides which, not all Brits do refer to it as aircon.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 08:05 AM
egg

&gt;Besides which, not all Brits do refer &gt;to it as aircon.<BR><BR>Also if he/she is going to be fussy, the people who live in Britain are called Britons not Brits.<BR>

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 08:31 AM
egg

&gt;Besides which, not all Brits do refer &gt;to it as aircon.<BR><BR>Also if he/she is going to be fussy, the people who live in Britain are called Britons not Brits.<BR>

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 08:36 AM
kavey

It's called ABBREVIATION, egg.<BR><BR>I am certainly not the only Briton on this forum to refer to myself as a Brit rather than a Briton.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 11:14 AM
egg

&gt;It's called ABBREVIATION, egg.<BR><BR>Xactly so Kavey. I was replying to Terry who objected to Brits (sic) calling air conditioning "aircon". <BR>

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Dressy

Would disagree on the jacket. I dress well (black slacks, dress shirt or sweater, etc.) but tend not to where jackets when going out in Chicago, New York or Florence. I wouldn't wear dockers and a big baggy sweater, but think you can dress very well without a jacket (that being said, a few may require them). I just don't like wearing or packing one and we eat at very nice places when traveling and I've never felt out place.