Apt. rentals in Budapest?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have any good apt. rentals they can recommend? Currently looking at Liszt Ferenc and Club Apt. Lux, anyone know anything about either one? Thanks.
Old May 7th, 2007, 09:08 AM

I am looking for accomodations for 2-3 nights in Budapest in July and would be interested in this subject as well.
Old May 7th, 2007, 09:10 AM

Can't comment on either of the ones you mention, but in April I stayed here...

http://www.perfectplaces.com/vacation-rentals/9495.htm

A truly lovely apartment, I have no hesitation in recommending it. In fact it is also listed with homelidays and there are many reviews on that website. Only drawback is that the building it is in is quite rundown, but it does give you a feel of the real city. Eliane who owns it is most helpful and speaks excellent English.

Only 20-30 yards from the tram stop on Josef Korut, and barely 5 minutes from the metro stop the location is good. the New York Coffee House is just beyond the metro stop, and the Hotel Mercure Nemzeti is close by. There are also some good restaurants within easy walking distance.

Feel free to ask any more questions.
Old May 7th, 2007, 09:14 AM

Here's the link to this apartment on homelidays...

http://www.homelidays.com/budapest/a...lat63306en.htm
Old May 7th, 2007, 09:21 AM

I stayed in a fabulous apartment for 5 nites last October, and cannot say enough good things about it -- every convenience, 2 blocks to the 3-line metro hub, internet cafe and post office across the street.... try http://bvr.hu. The owner is a law professor in NYC.
Old May 7th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions, I've checked on the ones mentioned and they are all booked, so keep the suggestions coming. Thanks.
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 09:54 AM

Hope I am not too late...
With my family stayed at Golden Stars Apartment from www.budapest.hoteltargets.com. I am so glad that somebody on Fodor's recommended this site! The apartment is the BEST location you can have in Budapest and the place is so beautiful (balcony with flowers, deluxe furnishing, decoration etc.)! This apartment was only a block from Vaci Utca, the famous walking street in Budapest, and everything was at a hand's reach and convenient. Very quiet, very clean, very spacious and friendly, very convenient...
Responses before booking and arrival were very fast and the owner made us feel at home in the apartment. Also we got an Internet access with laptop! We will certainly be staying with www.budapest.hoteltargets.com on our next visit to the Budapest. It was the highlight of our trip!
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 10:41 AM

I'm off to Budapest in the morning, and have an apartment booked.

Golden Stars was never on my list of prospects because of a history of spamming.
Old Dec 23rd, 2007, 12:59 PM

Where this history? Please show us.
Old Dec 23rd, 2007, 01:42 PM

http://tinyurl.com/2wsgc3
Old Dec 23rd, 2007, 02:48 PM

bookmarking, thanks
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 06:01 AM

My post might be too late for you, but maybe not for others... My husband and I just returned from 10 days in Budapest over Christmas. My husband is good at finding holiday apartments for us when we travel, and this time he found one of the best -- a very cozy and very homey apartment in absolutely the best location in Budapest.

See www.budapestvacationrentals.com for details. The owners are from New York with ties to Budapest, so they fix the apartments to their own liking for their own visits. That means that everything you want in an apartment is there: TV, movies, internet, and the best possible coffee machine (Nespresso -- it's great!)

The owner genuinely loves Budapest and renting out his apartments, so everything is very welcoming and honest -- it's not a big business operation. To see how much he's into Budapest, visit another of his sites, www.everythingbudapest.eu.

He has three apartments and I saw two of them (Max and Belle). Both are equally nice, with different types of beauty and offerings. No matter what, though, you won't be disappointed.

Old Jan 13th, 2008, 07:03 AM

JinMissouri: a first post on Fodor's that recommends a service provider tends to be viewed with suspicion.
Old Jun 23rd, 2009, 07:14 PM

I recently stayed in Apartment Max, one of the Budapest apartments owned by the New York professor mentioned in a previous post. It was beautiful and spacious with a balcony right across from a lovely children's park.
Max is the most luxurious of the apartments, but they have others, all centrally located. Max was beautifully decorated and the owners supply guidebooks and phrasebooks and tons of information about Budapest. I highly recommend renting from them. They are a pleasure to work with and extremely helpful with anything you need before and during your stay.

budapestvacationrentals.com
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 02:01 AM

SusanH48: a first post on Fodor's that recommends a service provider tends to be viewed with suspicion.
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 11:33 AM

So here I am, the owner of the apartment mentioned in this thread. As it happens, I am also a law professor, and have been very active for more than a decade in developing strategies for online instruction and for the use of this kind of discussion format as a way to foster seldf-motivated learning. And as it happens, Eugene Fodor, the founder of Fodor's Guides and the indirect progenitor of this website, was one of my father's closest friends when I was growing up (they had known each other in Hungary before World War II and had served in US Military Intelligence during the war; they were both journalists and authors and lived eventually in Northern Connecticut). So I have a lot of personal feeling about Fodor's.

I weigh in here not to write about my apartments -- you can find out about them amply here, on our website, elsewhere in Fodor's and elsewhere on the web -- but to note a question and to identify a tension between two values that those of us who care about online communities struggle with regularly: oin the one hand I strongly agree with the post above: recommendations from first posters should be taken with a good deal of caution. On the other hand, one of the things we do is encourage our guests to become actively involved with the travel websites they rely on -- to move from lurking to posting, and to report on their trips, including accurate descriptions of their stay with us.

I do this because I believe that these forums thrive when there are new voices joining, and that first posters need to be nurtured even as the risk of self-lauding posts must be constantly monitored. I take as a given as an online instructor, that it is better to post than to lurk.

BUT as a participant in web communities I lurk in far more than I post in, and I learn from both.

SO, although I know this is a tangent, I wonder how this community reacts to the tension? Is there a way to encourage people to post their experiences and to let the free market of ideas and comments sort out the honest from the scams? Or is it best to develop a small cadre of frequent posters whose voices we all know and trust? Or is there a way to include both?
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 02:13 PM

Very interesting thread. We have just booked the Golden Stars Dream apartment for 6 nights in January. I will give an unbiased review when we get back. Here's hoping we have a good stay!