Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Apt rental in 15e in paris -= any suggestions? Safe?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2002, 06:51 PM
Susan

Hello paris-lovers-- We have an opportuntity to rent an apartment in the 15e arrondisement in paris for a week. Is this a nice, safe area? the fact that it is a bit off the beaten tract shouldnt be much of a problem since it is one block from the metro. Just dont want to be in a seedy neighboorhood. Any suggestions.? The apt is FOUR bedrooms and the photos look lovely. TWO bathrooms... cant be too bad a neighborhood, right?

Old May 28th, 2002, 11:08 PM
BTilke

The 15th is a fairly large arrondissement--what part do you have in mind? Parts of it are quite elegant, especially near the border of the 7th. The Parc Andre Citroen is relaxing, although it's more a modern park than traditional. We've walked the entire length of the 15th (down rues Cambronne and LeCourbe one way and up rue Balard and Ave Emile Zola on the way back) at night and it seemed safe enough. It's a middle class (although all housing in Paris is expensive now), family arrondissement. Not hip and happening, though, compared to other parts of Paris.

Old May 29th, 2002, 02:20 AM
francesca

If you tell me where the apt is I can go check it out (at least the building). I have lived in the 15th for 8 yrs now and we love it here. No part is unsafe. Some parts are far from the metro (not me, we have 3 stations to choose from). It is very family-oriented, full of regular people shops and parks and there is absolutely nothing to "see" except how the upper middle class lives.

Old May 29th, 2002, 03:43 AM
Susan

I believe the apt is on Rue Michel Ange. Dont have the exact number. - Thank you all for your prompt responses !!!!!

Old May 29th, 2002, 04:00 AM
BTilke

Susan,<BR>Last time I checked, rue Michel Ange is in the 16th, not the 15th. If you indeed mean the 16th, yes it's a good neighborhood, we rented an apartment nearby and enjoyed it. Not much in the way of nightlife, but good shopping, cafes, food markets, etc., and very safe.<BR>BTilke (Brussels)

Old May 29th, 2002, 04:11 AM
susan

Thanks Michael -We might be visiting you in Brussels after we leave our apt in the 15th/16th! Hope we find that more accurately !!!

Old May 29th, 2002, 04:14 AM
BTilke

You're welcome, Susan, but who's Michael? Nobody by that name in our house!<BR>BTilke (Brussels)