Search

April in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 1999, 09:22 AM
Robert

April in Paris

My wife and I are planning a trip to the Loire Valley and Paris for the last two weeks of April 2000. I have read where early spring can be very wet. What can we hope for weather wise for the last two weeks of April?

Old Aug 2nd, 1999, 09:35 AM
elvira

Well, April can be sunny and warm, rainy and warm, sunny and cool, rainy and cool. Be prepared for anything: layers, raincoat or poncho or umbrella, sweaters, gloves. If you have short-sleeved shirts and long sleeved turtlenecks you can dress to suit the weather. Khakis, two pair of comfortable walking shoes, and lots of socks. Ipskay the ortsshay - no need to take up room with clothing you'll never wear.

Old Aug 2nd, 1999, 12:14 PM
Bob Brown

I would plan to concentrate on indoor featues in early to mid April. If the weather is nice, then take advantage of it. But April can be wet and cool. <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 2nd, 1999, 04:08 PM
Robin

<BR>Robert: <BR> <BR>I was in Paris just this past April (4/17, 4/18, 4/19). For those 3 days, I brought & wore my raincoat with lining. Had a few raindrops, some sunshine & chilly temps. Altho I did wear my coat the entire time, it wasn't so "cold" that it was uncomfortable; rather, it was good walkin' around weather.

Old Aug 2nd, 1999, 06:29 PM
Lori

Robert, <BR>We were in Paris the last week of April this spring and it was quite lovely, temps about 62-65 or so, evenings in the 50's. We had one morning of rain (spent that in Galleries Lafayette and Au Printemps department stores). It was most pleasant to be outside and you could get by with a lightweight jacket/raincoat or blazer of some sort. We were not uncomfortable at all and we live in the southwest where temps below 60 are considered "cold" Of course like Elvira says you can expect anything, and you might get it! I can remember an April some yrs back when I wore a winter coat and boots. You never know. Just go prepared, think layers and you'll be fine. Comfortable shoes (2 pair and alternate) are the most important thing as far as I am concerned, you will be doing alot of walking, no matter the weather and if your feet hurt it's not a fun vacation. Never go out without a small fold up umbrella either. Don't let this discourage you, as I said we were there the last wk of April and it was quite nice and great walking around weather. Just go and enjoy it -- I always figure no matter what the weather it's better than being at work. Incidentally, if it did turn off cold you can always buy a sweater or scarf or something there, those kinds of purchases make great reminders of the trip.