Appropriate attire for Phantom??

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 05:36 AM
chipper

Appropriate attire for Phantom??

Hello, I was just curious as to what would be appropriate attire for going to Phantom of the Opera. Business? Casual? Thanks in advance!

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 05:42 AM
susan

When I was in London in February, I saw Les Miserables and found that the attire ranged from casual to business to whatever the person wanted to wear.

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 06:18 AM
kate

It will vary enormously. A saturday night may be a bit more dressy than during the week, mearly because some people like to make more of an effort at the weekend, but you will see everything from jeans to business attire to cocktail dresses. I generally go to the theatre during the week and where whatever I've been wearing during the day, although I normally dress quite casually anyway. <BR> <BR>On that subject, I've got box tickets for La Traviata at the Royal Opera House and haven't got a CLUE what to wear.

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 07:07 AM
Judy

Hi Chipper, when we went in Feb. to see the Lion King, and Witches, I also saw the whole gamut of clothes like Kate said,. Sometimes, I even felt (Horror) overdressed, (black pants, cashmere sweater, blazer). <BR>I dress for theater and events in Atlanta in "dressy casual". But even in Atlanta, some people for theater, on the weekends, wear Tuxes and cocktail suits or long dresses(Kate, for you). <BR>We are going to see Phantom in Atlanta in Aug. and I will probably wear dressy casual. <BR>Have a great time whatever you wear. <BR>Judy <BR>

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 08:11 AM
kate

Oh god I hate dresses. Guess I'm gonna have to go shopping. Any excuse to go Harvey Nicks.

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 11:18 AM
fashionista

Black leather pants, lycra shirt with three-quarter sleeves, and a flashy diamond necklace. Or maybe a swan like Borke's?

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 11:24 AM
Tammy

I wouldn't pack a nice suit and cocktail dress just for the theater. Two years ago I saw Phantom on a Tuesday night and there was everything from nice dresses and suits to jeans and sweatshirts.

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 11:55 AM
Shelley

We saw Phantom in London one year ago. We wore nice casual and felt very comfortable. As everyone has said, you see all manners of dress. This was the first play we had seen in London. (We had seen Phantom about six times in San Francisco, and once in Salt Lake City.) What amazed me was the amount of food eaten in the theatre. Many people picked up boxes of candy to eat before and during the first act. Then at intermission, consessionaires came down the aisles and sold ice cream, juice and water. When we left the theatre, I was AMAZED at the amount of trash on the floor! It felt like going to a movie in the United States! <BR> <BR>Don't sweat your attire. After all, will you ever see any of these people again? Have fun!

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 05:53 PM
Joe

A cape and mask usually suffices.