Apartments in London

Old Nov 17th, 2001, 03:53 PM
Sheridan

Apartments in London

I am planning to spend a week in London with my mother (80 years old), my sister, and two teen age children. We would like to stay in an apartment in an area that is central but has a residential feel to it. Any suggestions?

Old Nov 17th, 2001, 04:15 PM
topper

Sheridan-Topped a site that you can read other peoples answers to this very question.Hope this helps.

Old Nov 17th, 2001, 05:14 PM
Surlok

Sheridan,

I think that South Kensington would be quite convenient, but High Street Kensington area would be nice, too. Be sure of getting a place that is close to the tube station, wherever you choose to stay. There are some apartments at Queens Gate, Roland House, if I'm not wrong, that might suit your family needs.

Regards,

S

Old Nov 18th, 2001, 07:40 AM
Cher4travel.com

Sheridan,

Husband and I stayed in South Kensington area in September for a week. Rented an apartment from As You Like It, telephone #415-380-9848. Great apartment and wonderful area for shoppiing, groceries, etc..and the underground a couple blocks away. Onslow Square would be close expecially for your mother walking. Another one to try is London Connection on web..site is WWW.londonconnection.com out of Utah..another is Chezvous in California..www.chezvous.com. They have London and Paris properties. Call them and they will send out a wonderful brochure on London apartments...have a great time with your Mother is great at 80 she can still enjoy the love of travel...
Cher

Old Nov 18th, 2001, 08:28 AM
lscott

We like South Kensington area for the reason you said..close to things but residential feel. REcently stayed at Queensgate Apts (called Apts @ South Kensington by Barclay) and have stayed at Roland House also. See barclayweb.com or other apt brokers on web.

Old Nov 18th, 2001, 11:29 AM
yitz

try these sites
www.vacationhomes.com
www.goin2travel.com
www.london4rent.com