Reload this Page >

Apartment in Rome

Search

Apartment in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5th, 2000, 09:01 AM
phyllis

Apartment in Rome

My family of 4 adults and 1 child are traveling to Rome in the spring of 2001. Can anyone recommend a nice apartment to lease for 9 days? Thank you.

Old Oct 5th, 2000, 10:17 AM
sally

Phyllis: look at www.guestinitaly.com for some ideas. We are renting a B&B room through them in 1 week; they have been very prompt and helpful so far. If you want my thoughts after I return, you can e-mail me, and I will be glad to give you my comments then.

Old Oct 5th, 2000, 01:40 PM
Topper

Anybody ever heard of Dr. Abbate's apartments?

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 04:04 PM
nancy

Dear Phyllis, <BR>We are renting an apartment next June in Rome. <BR>I am using an agency called Greater Travels. <BR>They book rentals for a company called Italian Itineraries. <BR>I think you can book directly through Italian It., but we chose to use Marjorie Ellena @ Greater Travels to do all the communications for us. <BR>I E- mailed her extensively with dozens of questions, major and minor. <BR>She answered me very promptly and was thorough in her answers. <BR>It did cost us $50 to use her, <BR>But as this is our first time to Italy/Europe, I felt it was very worth it. <BR>She has also been very helpful in helping me with websites, and answering my questions for our second week and half in Italy. <BR>You can E-mail her @ <BR>[email protected] <BR>And view apartments @ <BR>www.italian-itineraries.com <BR>There is also another site <BR>www.homebased-abroad rental.com that has apartments in Italy/Rome. <BR> <BR>Alot of apartments only rent for Saturday to Saturdays. <BR>As we are landing in Rome Friday A.M. ,we are staying at a hotel for our first day. <BR>You may have to consider a day or two at a hotel, also. <BR> <BR>Topper, <BR>As far as Dr.Abate at Roman Homes, <BR>apparently he is a hot topic on this site. <BR>I did do some communicating with him on his apartments, <BR>But as helpful as he initially appeared, I was not willing to wait until January of 2001 to book with him, as is the policy of his company. <BR>With Greater Travels/Italian Itinararies <BR>I was able to book as early as last May for June 2001. <BR>Good luck in your search ,Phyllis. <BR>nancy

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 04:51 PM
nancy

Phyllis, <BR>The correct site for Homebased is <BR>www.homebased-abroad.com <BR>There are not many large apartments for rent. <BR>I do not know what your requirements are as to # of bedrooms/beds. <BR>We are renting the apartment called <BR>Via della Corda, from Italian Itin. <BR>The spec sheet says you can rent part or all, but that has changed for 2001. <BR>You now rent the whole apartment regardless of # of people. <BR>Hope some of this helps! <BR>nancy

Old Oct 7th, 2000, 01:30 PM
Karen

Phyllis, I rented a very nice apartment (2 bedrooms, 2 baths) from Romanhomes (Dr. Abate) in March 1999. It was exactly as described on the website, just a block from the Pantheon. <BR> <BR>Nancy, my family and I have also reserved the Via della Corda apartment, for next June 16-23. When will you be there?

Old Oct 7th, 2000, 05:12 PM
nancy

Karen, <BR>What a cool coincidence! <BR>We have reserved it for the week after you! <BR>This is obviously not your first time in Rome. <BR>How many times have you been there? <BR>We will be arriving in Rome on the 22nd, around noon, and will be staying in a hotel in that area. <BR>If you see a family of four staring at your building, looking bewildered, tired ,and euphoric , you will know it is us!! <BR>This is great. <BR>I am glad you posted this. <BR>Are you counting the days also? <BR>Til later, <BR>nancy <BR>

Old Oct 8th, 2000, 02:36 PM
karen

Nancy, This IS a coincidence! By the time you arrive, we will have been in Italy for two weeks and be ready to leave for Paris and then home on the 23rd. (We are spending the first week travelling in Venice, Florence, and a couple of small towns between Florence and Rome.) We'll try to leave the apartment in good shape for you! I am travelling this time with my own family (husband and two teenage sons), my sister-in-law, and four cousins. Last year, there were just four of us, and as you said in your response to Phyllis, it was lots easier finding a smaller apartment. The 1999 trip was my first visit back to Rome in 23 years. My first husband was Italian, and we lived in Rome for six years, from 1970 to 1976, so it was a homecoming for me in some ways. I found that everything, including my Italian, came back to me very quickly, and I knew that it would not be long before I returned. Since I am in charge of planning this trip for my extended family group, I seem to be spending lots of time on it. Yes, I am counting the days. Thanks for answering. Karen <BR>P.S. I did a search for "Corda" to see if anyone else has mentioned it, and I found that I had answered an earlier question of your about the Tevere, but somehow I missed your reply about the apartment in that one. That's really my e-mail address, so feel free to use it if you like. <BR>