Apartment in London

Mar 16th, 2000, 09:42 AM
Laura

Apartment in London

Looking for apartment for week's stay in London in August with husband and two teen sons. Does anyone have experience with Emperors Gate Short-Stay Apartments in Kensington? Husband and I previously stayed in small hotel near Notting Hill Gate station and loved that largely residential neighborhood. But not sure what this area is like (near Gloucester Road, Earls Court and High Street Kensington stations). Any advice or recommendations appreciated.

Mar 16th, 2000, 07:24 PM
Patrick

We will return to London in May for our fourth stay in the same flat (musn't call them apartments, you know). We book through Farnum and Christ, a US agency which manages privately owned flats in London -- not hotel-like apartment buildings. Ours is in Covent Garden and is just one bedroom, but they have many in Sloane Square, Kensington and elsewhere throughout London. We have recommended them to friends who have all been delighted. Their number is 1-800-366-2048, in case you want to give them a call.

Mar 16th, 2000, 08:05 PM
Yitz

some web sites for London Apartments
http://www.vacationspot.com
http://www.London4Rent.com
http://www.Vacationhomes.com

Mar 17th, 2000, 06:20 AM
Lori

Laura,
Contact Nick Price - [email protected]
We've used Nick two times and had great luck. He's actually in the process of remodeling a 2 bedroom on Balcombe St. (near Regent's Park & Baker St.) right now and it will be available soon he told me. He owns a couple of bldgs. on Balcombe St. (where we've stayed) and acts as an agent for several others. He's a great guy to work with, we think of him as a friend ... if you contact him mention that Lori & John recommended him. His website is Price Apartments - his own places on Balcombe are not fancy but they are adequate without spending a small fortune, they all have kitchens and private bathrooms & it's a residental area.

Mar 18th, 2000, 02:15 PM
Laura

Thanks to all. I'll check out these leads in researching a flat(Patrick, please take note!)

Mar 19th, 2000, 02:25 AM
joan

I would like to know which apts you choose. Which ones can you specifically recommned after staying i one there are so many to choose from.

What about Apt Hotels?

Mar 19th, 2000, 03:34 AM
MarkJ

I highly recommend Nick Price Price Apartments, we rented a wonderful little apartment in St. James through him and he was terrrific to work with.