Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone want to take a guess on Chicago to Zurich rt fare in late June?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 07:37 PM
Mike

Am I dreaming when I hope for $650?

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 05:32 AM
ingrid

Hm, quite honestly, I think you are.I flew from DC to Bael the end of June last year and paid about 800.00 (which was then the chepesat I could find).

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 05:33 AM
ingrid

Sorry, that's Basel (which was the same price as Zurich),

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 05:43 AM
s.fowler

Right now fares to Europe for the summer and early fall are outrageous. Unless they can't get business back up I doubt you will find anything that low.

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 05:57 AM
Jim

From around June 15th,the airlines consider this to be the high season to Europe. (frequent flyer miles are blocked out in many cases)<BR>If you could manage a $650 ticket for late June, I would grab it in a heartbeat.

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 06:12 AM
joy

I got RT Chicago to Paris in mid-June for $567, tax included with one stopover. For direct flights, I saw one for ~$630 tax included. I purchased the tickets months ago and now the prices are way up!!Two years ago I purchased an open-jaw ticket ORD-CDG-ZRH-ORD for ~$700, tax included but then again I think I got those tickets on December for late June travel. Good luck in your search!!

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 09:50 AM
Bob C

Can't give you all the reasons but Zurich is a high fare. I checked a few weeks ago and Dallas to Zurich was over $1,200 for May travel while you could have gone to Paris for under $900.