Anyone used Orbitz

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 05:07 PM
Kathy

Anyone used Orbitz

I know I might be behind times but I have never booked an airline flight over the internet. I saw a great fare today on Orbitz. Do they offer paper tickets? Can you get airline miles? Can you use upgrade certificates? Do you get seat selection? Thanks.

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 05:16 PM
Leslie

Yes, you can get either paper or e-tickets, but if you get paper tickets, you get charged $15 for the FEDEX fee. Orbitz requires you to have paper tickets for some flights (my experience has been with international flights, I don't know if this is limited to all carriers). Yes, you can get frequent flyer miles. You can specify your meal and seat selection, but not the specific row. You can use upgrade certificates, but you must contact the airline directly after you get your confirmation number.

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 05:34 AM
Liz

The good fare I found on Orbitz was with Air France. Turned out it was also available at the same price on the Air France site, so I bought them there. Got paper tickets without the extra fees.

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 05:38 AM
ptmy

Same here. I checked Orbitz but bought directly from Air France for the same price and no fee.

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 06:40 AM
Ron

Both Orbitz and Travelocity are excellent. I have used both for at least 20 flights, and have had no problems. I have gotten both the e-tickets and paper tickets, but I believe that recently paper tickets have been required for some international flights, 2 of which I have in hand deliverd by Orbitz. Sometimes they have listed flights and prices that the airlines do not mention on the phone! They are a great service for a small fe, which often is waved. Most flights have seat selection, and you can use certificates. To get miles, I believe you usually have to contact the airline after returning. <BR>Good luck!

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 10:18 AM

I saw tickets at Orbits that ended up being just cents cheaper at the American Airlines site. At the AA site I could choose my seat and was not charged any fee for getting the paper tickets mailed to me.<BR><BR>I've bought a number of tickets through Cheaptickets, they use an express mail service to send their tickets as well (they use papertickets). I never had a problem with their service.

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 10:37 PM
Harriette

I have used orbitz a few times and the best thing I found about it was that I could use 2 different airlines for departure and return without increasing the price of a usual roundtrip ticket. I had a bad experience with cheaptickets .com and they ended up returning my money but it took 2 hours of calling to get a person on the phone.