Reload this Page >

anyone tried alphorn blowing?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 05:47 PM
annie

where in Switzerland should we go to try and do this? We are planning on visiting Bern, Lucerne and Lausanne. Anyother info would be good too.

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 05:53 PM
Toot

I ate in a Lucerne restuarant many years ago and they passed around the alp horn in the restaurant for the patrons to try.<BR> Sorry no help on the name. But maybe sometimes the experience comes with the meal and you won't have to go out of your way to find it. Just ask when you make a reservation.<BR> I think we also did it on Mt. Pilatus near Lucerne, also. A nice excursion, too.<BR>

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 08:13 PM
xxx

I think we must have been at the same restaurant, Toot. This was when I was on a tour with my parents many years ago (1979) and I remember this same thing. We also visited Mt. Pilatus. Were we on the same tour??

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Toot

Xxx: Sorry no parents on the late 70's tour I was on. I believe the restaurant had two levels and you almost had to stand on the 2nd level with the large alphorn below you.<BR> Fun trip though. I loved Switzerland.

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 05:06 AM
Dick Yeager

In Lucerne, the Stadtkeller Restaurant has a luncheon show as well as a dinner show with the full range of yodeling, horns, bells, etc. One part of the program has some members of the audience getting the opportunity to try the horns.<BR><BR>Be advised, this is a very tourist oriented restaurant. Get there early for a seat as every tour bus in the country drops their group off for lunch or dinner.<BR><BR>While very touristy, the program is done with humor. It is fun and a little pricey (but of course, this is Switzerland). The food is ok.<BR><BR>Dick