Reload this Page >

Anyone stayed at the Meridien in Nice?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2001, 11:57 AM
colleen

After Paris, we'll stay the rest of our trip there--supposed to have an ocean view...any reports?

Old May 13th, 2001, 12:26 PM
Ursula

Colleen: "Le Méridien" is at the Promenades des Anglais, opposite the mediterranean. There is however the street between. It's a top address in Nice. You can look at the own page at <BR>www.lemeridien-nice.com <BR>I do hope you'll have a room with ocean view. <BR>Have a nice stay! <BR>

Old May 13th, 2001, 01:18 PM
colleen

Hi Ursula, <BR> <BR>Yes we have a room with a balcony and full ocean view--I just wanted to make sure it was a good place--from their site it looks promising! We're very excited! Thanks for the reply.

Old May 13th, 2001, 11:09 PM
Joelle

We stayed there last year. Good location in downtown Nice. Good view on the coast from some of the rooms which are a bit smallish but nice. The swimming-pool is on the roof, however it is a small one and gets easily crowded. <BR>Of course, they charge for mattresses and seats. You also have access (paying one I suppose) at the their beach.

Old May 14th, 2001, 06:46 AM
jhm

We stayed there this past February. It's a lovely hotel, very centrally-located, w/in walking distance of the Cours Saleya. The ocean view rooms are ten thousand times better than the inner rooms w/view of the courtyard, although I would try to request a room which is higher up, since you are separated from the ocean by the Boulevard des Anglais ( a very busy street, well-trafficked by motorcycles, cars and trucks). <BR> <BR>It's a lovely place with a nice, quiet-ish buffet breakfast. A good choice.