Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone stayed at the County Hall Travel Inn?? VAT question.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 08:52 PM
A.C.

Anyone who has stayed at the County Hall Travel Inn in London:<BR><BR>Do you remember if the 79.95 GBP was including the 17.5% VAT -- or is that additionally tacked on??<BR><BR>Also does anyone recall what the pre-paid breakfast cost was per day?<BR><BR>Thanks.

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 09:35 PM
Gary

WE stayed at the Travel Inn County Hall and found it very convenient. The cost quoted included all taxes. We did not partake of the breakfast, as there was nobody who seemed to like it or find it to be a good bargain. Have a great trip...

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 04:18 AM
Keith Legg

All UK prices must include VAT, so the tax will have been included.

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 04:40 AM
Alec

It's not quite correct to say that all prices in UK must be displayed with VAT (and other charges) included. I think for things like hotel and restaurant prices, government orders stipulate that it must be made clear if VAT is included or not, though in practice VAT-inclusive rates are common.

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 05:22 AM
ron

&lt;&lt;Also does anyone recall what the pre-paid breakfast cost was per day?&gt;&gt;<BR><BR>I've had the breakfast there, but don't remember the price. I didn't pre-pay, but just showed up in the morning - it didn't strike me as being expensive. Quality was acceptable, nothing exceptional.<BR><BR>

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 05:43 AM
ron

Of course, rather than depending on the imperfect memory of the folk on this forum, you could go to the travel inn website and learn that the continental breakfast is &pound;4 and traditional (full English) breakfast is &pound;6.