Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Rome From 23rd June-30 June, and then 8+9 July?se Dates

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 08:38 AM
nancy

<BR>Well, the trip is really approaching quickly! <BR>I am very curious. <BR>I know of two other Fodor "friends" who will be in Europe, the exact dates we will be in Italy. <BR>I will be meeting my new friend Karen for an appertivo the oney day we will both be in Rome, <BR>(we arrive, she will be departing next day) <BR>(we have the same apartment rental!) <BR> <BR>Will anyone else be in Rome during this week? <BR>From the 30 june-8 July we will be in Formia, then back to Rome for 2 nights. <BR>Just curious to know how many blue ribbons I might spy, and how much should I be peering at other travelers' clothing, looking for the Fodor pins? <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 3rd, 2001, 03:59 PM
donna

Alas I do not have a Fodors pin but I will be in Rome July 8-12. <BR> <BR>Donna

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 03:01 AM
nancy

Donna, <BR>I have also heard from one other person, at my home adress. <BR>I am not a big one on arranging meetings with "strangers", <BR>but over the yr I have been posting here, I have seen where other fodorites make a tenative plan to meet somewhere for a drink. <BR>It sounds like it would be an interesting way to meet some of the other posters. <BR>As I do not know Rome, (1st time there) and have never done anything like this before, I am just putting out feelers, to see if something like that could work! <BR>Any ideas? <BR>

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 04:18 AM
Donna

It is my first time in Rome as well. <BR> <BR>Where are you staying? We will be at the Raphael. <BR> <BR>Depending on schedules timing etc - I am willing to try something. <BR>

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 02:05 PM
nancy

Donna, <BR>On the tail end of our trip, we will be at the hotel torre della Argentina, which is close enough to your hotel. <BR>2 people have contacted me via E- and have also expressed tenative interest. <BR>I was thinking late afternoon /eqarly evening on the 9th, meet for drinks of one's choice, <BR>Could be fun and at the very least an interesting way to pass an hour. <BR>

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 05:07 PM
donna

A definite possibility depending on our schedule. <BR> <BR>I am waiting to hear from Scale Reale and the Scavi as to tours and dates/times. <BR> <BR>E-mail me with the details please. We leave the US on 6/29. <BR> <BR>Donna

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 12:17 PM
nancy

topping