Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone have any experience with COSMOS Tours?

May 17th, 1999, 06:40 PM
Babs

My husband and I are planning a trip sometime this summer to the United Kingdom and we're looking at COSMOS Tours. We were wondering if anyone has had any experince with them and if so, what you thought of them.

Thanks!

May 17th, 1999, 08:27 PM
Shannon

Hi there, I went on a COSMOS tour last October and found them to be great. We did the tour of the Greek mainland and then three of the islands. Depending on the age range of tour companions you're looking for, this company was fine for me. I am a 25 year old female and didn't want to travel Greece by myself. There were six others in my age range and then the next group were in their forties to fifties.
Everyone seemed to have fun, i never found a problem with the tour company only a few who were on the tour!!!

May 24th, 1999, 06:40 AM
Thomas Nastos

Babs,
We took a COSMOS tour to Yugoslavia some time ago. It was well-handled and we saw Yugoslavia (all the places you read about today) and Bulgaria, Hungary, and Roumania to boot. If you are afraid of mountain rides on the bus check out a map first.

May 25th, 1999, 12:50 PM
Kavita

I loved every aspect of my Cosmos tour of Spain, Portugal and Morroco in 1991 except for the food. Many meals were included and were amongst the worse I have ever eaten.

I and a few others opted out and ate in restaurants many evenings instead - this increased out budget but was worth it - to experience these areas without the cuisine is not for me a true experience.

Otherwise, it was great - good tour guide, good itinerary, reasonable accomodation....

Jun 5th, 1999, 02:48 PM
Rose

Last Oct took a tour of England, Wales,Scotland with Cosmos. I very much enjoyed the tour met up with some fine folk from Japan, Austraila, New Zealand-and all over the US was the only person from NY-I know where I want to go back to next time I visit-this kind of tour gives you a taste of the country and where you would especially like to visit again.

Jun 5th, 1999, 05:47 PM
Al

We traveled twice with Cosmos; once to eastern Europe and once to western Turkey. They kept every promise they made. Their guides were among the best we have ever known. We would not hesitate to travel with Cosmos again.

Jun 7th, 1999, 05:54 PM
jaypdee

I went on a 21-DAY COSMOS tour of Europe in 1996. I enjoyed every moment of the tour and never had a bad experience. The guide was very knowledgeable and helpful at all times. Although we stayed in hotels outside of the main cities I found them to be very comfortable. We had enough time to tour the main attractions of each city as well as do our own sightseeing and shopping. COSMOS was a good way of doing a budgetary tour. We made many friends on that tour and we felt like a big family. It was hard to say goodbye at the end of the tour.