Reload this Page >

Anyone going to be at the Octoberfest the end of September for a GTG

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2001, 09:02 PM
Art

Hi folks, There will be 4 or 5 of us getting together at the Octoberfest on Sept 27th. Looking for any more of you that might be there. <BR>You can respond here or email me directly. <BR>Regards <BR>Art <BR>

Old May 29th, 2001, 10:04 PM
Ursula

Art hi! Just curious: Are you going to the Oktoberfest for the beer of for the women?? ;-)

Old May 30th, 2001, 02:05 AM
Paige

Hey Art! Keep me informed! Hopefully we can meet up with you there.

Old May 30th, 2001, 09:49 AM
Art

Hi Ursula, THIS time going for the beer and the atmosphere. Although, in the past I've always found very lovely women there, this time will be to re-visit the environment and hopefully a fodorite GTG. Heck of a way to wrap up my trip. Although, if you were to show up, I'm sure that I would immediately fall in love with you. <BR>Cheers <BR>Art <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old May 30th, 2001, 11:50 AM
ralf

Hi Art, <BR>we are moving from Düsseldorf to München this summer and we would like to enjoy to meet you and other fororites this day. <BR>Please give us a note at the right time. <BR>Ralf

Old May 30th, 2001, 04:19 PM
aimee

Art: My husband and I are still planning on it! Keep us posted!

Old May 30th, 2001, 06:22 PM
Kathy

Thinking about going over for the festival. Concerned about inflated airfares and hotel rates. Any suggestions?

Old May 31st, 2001, 02:54 PM
Art

Hi Cathy, re safety, keep your passport, credit cards and currency in a money belt except for what you need for a day. If you have to carry a purse, have the strap cross your body or under a jacket. The biggest problems in tourist areas are pickpockets. Just be aware of your surroundings. Since this is your first time and you'll be alone, you might consider a bus or van tour of Paris to get your surroundings. The public transportation system is great. Make sure that you try several types of crepes. <BR>Have a great trip <BR>Art <BR> <BR>

Old May 31st, 2001, 02:55 PM
Art

Sorry answered wrong question. <BR>

Old May 31st, 2001, 02:59 PM
Art

Hi Kathy. yes Hotels do inflate their prices during Octoberfest. Can't answer re flights. The best thing to do is stay out of the city in a smaller town and either drive in or take the train. Too many (K/C)athy's on this board. <BR>

Old May 31st, 2001, 05:47 PM
aimee

Kathy: I got my hotel reservations for Octoberfest 2001 in September of 2000. Friends of mine interested in joining me have been unsuccesful in finding rooms for this late date. Prices are definately inflated. The hotel where we're staying is about $80 more during Octoberfest than during the rest of September. I suggest consulting a travel agent. I'm not flying directly into Munich, so I can't help you w/air prices. Hope to see you there.

Old May 31st, 2001, 05:48 PM
aimee

I meant "at" this late date. Sorry.

Old Jun 1st, 2001, 12:27 AM
D..

Word of advice, at Oktoberfest, you must be seated at a table to get served a drink, and in my opinion, the Hofbrau tent is the best!!!

Old Jun 1st, 2001, 01:45 AM
anon

The Hofbrau tent is full of excessively drunk Australians and New Zealanders who manage to do excessively disgusting things. I think of all the tents, it most resembles a college frat party. I personally wouldn't recommend it to anyone that's not a hardcore drinker and partier. It's the tent where you're mostly like to come into contact with (someone else's) urine, vomit or someone's fist or to have beer poured all over you. Lots of fun.

Old Jun 1st, 2001, 09:06 AM
Art

I have always perferred the Hackerbrau tent, although I've been in many of them. For those us that will try to meetup, we'll need to decide on a time and place. <BR>Regards <BR>Art <BR>

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 08:15 AM
Art

Thought I'd bring this to the top. I'm trying to locate a place where we could meet. Page gave me a suggestion, but I don't remember it right now. I'll go back to her email and post it here. I'll also try to answer those of you how have posted here or emailed me with an email soon. If everyone that has expressed an interest can make it we should have quite a group. Again that is September 27th and my preference is the Hackerbrau tent. In 57 days we will be in Poland for the start of our trip. Hooray. <BR>Cheers, <BR>Art <BR>

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 03:21 PM
Anna

Art, <BR>Please let me know the time and place of the GTG at Oktoberfest, we'll be in Munich on the 27th. My husband and I will be therr with 2 of our friends. We have enjoyed meeting other Fodorites at the get together's in Chicago, it would be fun meeting more Fodorites in Munich. <BR>Anna