Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone familiar with G.O. Tours in Greece?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2005, 11:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We booked a few days on a tour while in Greece. Originally I thought it was going to be with CHAT, but the invoice I got from the travel agent says G.O. Tours. Looks to be identical from the itinerary. Anyone familiar with them?
Old May 23rd, 2005, 02:44 AM
Original Poster

Anyone?
Old May 9th, 2006, 08:38 AM

Hi BarryK,
I know G.O tours and there is nothing to worry about. It is one of the pioneers in the organized tours in Greece and the majority of travel agents in Greece use them instead of organizing their own. Travel agents in Greece most of the times give the tours to G.O or another one or two companies (not more than these) that offer only certain organized tours. All of them offer the same selection (i.e. 1day Argolis+lunch, 1day Delphi+lunch, 3&4day classical tour -tourist class & first class, 1day cruise) and that's all pretty much.
You have to understand that travel agents do not know whether they will have enough bookings for a tour at a specific date in order to reserve a coach, book a guide, reserve the rooms (in the case of 3&4 day tours).
I ‘ve been working the Greek market for over 8 years and even though our office organizes our own tours I have worked in the past with G.O and I know all the rest of the agents are using them too.
Hope this was helpful, take care and enjoy yourselves in Greece.
Phillip Radopoulos
Old May 12th, 2006, 04:12 PM

We took the 4 day classical tour with them last year, arranged through our Athens travel agent. It was excellent-good accommodations and very knowlegable guide. I wouldn't worry about the quality.
Old May 12th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the post, Phillip. Better late than never

We took their 4 day classic tour including Meteora last summer and were very pleased. OTOH, their city tour of Athens was poor. The guide pretty much abandoned us at the Parthenon about 30 minutes into the tour.