Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone booked a hotel through baholidays.com?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17th, 2004, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone booked a hotel through the British Airways Holidays web site (baholidays.com)? I am normally leery of pre-paid reservations, but this site is offering a rate at the Exedra (Rome) which is about half of the rate offered by Expedia & Orbitz. Thanks.
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 09:16 AM

I had booked a London hotel through its own website for a stay in August and ended up cancelling that and rebooking through the BA site, as it was a better deal. It was actually nice to pre-pay - checking out was an absolute breeze. And we had no evidence that we were given an inferior room, either - we checked out 3 before settling on the one we wanted.
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 09:26 AM
P_M

Is that price per person based on double occupancy? That could account for why it's half as much as the rate offered by Expedia or Orbitz.

If this is indeed the correct price, then I would have no problem with using BAHolidays. BA is a reputable airline so I'm sure the same can be said of this affiliate. I have not used BAHolidays, but I have used AA Vacations a few times and it was fine.
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 09:56 AM

We have used BAHolidays numerous times in London, Paris, Rome and Amsterdam. We use the 3* rated hotels and been satisfied each time with the hotels and the locations have been fine.
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 06:42 PM

I have booked hotels and air/hotel packages with BA Holidays and I have been very happy with them. I would definitely book through them again.
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 07:05 PM

I booked an air/hotel London/Paris package with BA Holidays. Well, I wasn't aware of the different classes of hotels then. So I chose the cheapest package and hated the two hotels. But that was my fault. I did change hotels and both the London and the Paris BA reps. were very nice to deal with and got my hotels changed quickly. The Parisian rep. was extra nice. I'll never forget her kindness.
Old Dec 18th, 2004, 05:23 PM

Be sure to buy interuption and cancellation insurance [from Travel Guard,etc] because you must pay for the entire hotel stay upfront and BA won't refund. We rented a car through them once at their travel store in London. They sold us insurance in case we had to cancel before picking up the car but not for having to turn it in early. We didn't know the difference then. They finally refunded half of the unused days in the form of a BA voucher. Never again!