Anyone been to Atlantis

Old May 11th, 2001, 04:21 PM
Art

Anyone been to Atlantis

What language do they speak? What kind of food did you find there? Are the people friendly? How do you get there? <BR>

Old May 11th, 2001, 04:32 PM
Capo

Yes, the people are very friendly. They speak English, with a bit of a southern drawl. I found some interesting food there with names like "grits" and "hush puppies." Delta Airlines has lots of flights to Atlantis, so it's very easy to get there. :~)

Old May 11th, 2001, 04:46 PM
as

VERY EXPENSIVE

Old May 11th, 2001, 04:48 PM
AS

In a word 'EXPENSIVE'

Old May 11th, 2001, 08:43 PM
Steve

oh, you can't get there from here.

Old May 12th, 2001, 03:45 AM
Time machine traveler

I've been to Akrotiri in Santorini which may have been "Atlantis" in another life.

Old May 12th, 2001, 08:24 AM
liz

Atlantis is booked for the season!

Old May 12th, 2001, 12:38 PM
Leilani

I'd suggest skipping Atlantis. In the summer, there are too many American tourists, and in the winter, the place floods big-time.

Old May 12th, 2001, 01:05 PM
Mitch

Icelandair a great 2 for 1 fare in February so we decided to go. Wow, what a great place! The monorail is free and not only links Poseidon International Airport with the old section of Zeusville but has a line that goes to all of the major sites. The Atlasmuseum is a must. Seafood is the specialty of the nation - we found Gibraltar's Cellar on Plaza Of The Ancients wonderful. A few helpful things for first time visitors: Tipping is %25, everyone wears white (including shoes), most people can speak flawless english but learn a few of their words, nobody at all smokes, the daily temblors are scary at first but you get used to them. <BR>Go! Have a great time and post a trip report upon your return.

Old May 12th, 2001, 10:02 PM
Homer

Capo, you're talking about Etlanna!